Sasolusi
Level 3 Contributor

PCN or Supplier ID

I tried to access https://www.microsoftreadiness.com/en

To request access, I need to register and provide PCN or Supplier ID.

Inquiry : Is PCN or Supplier ID the same with MPN ID ?

Thank you so much.

=Solusi=

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Sasolusi
Level 3 Contributor

Dear @Andra,

Update : I just got information from our purchasing that the company has PCN.

PCN is different from MPN ID.

Thank you for the help.

Kind regards,

Solusi

View solution in original post

jesseguev
Microsoft

Hello @Andra Supplier id is the same as MPN id? Do you know if each MPN location needs a supplier id?

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
anoopsystecx
Level 1 Contributor

Hi Team,

We are one of the MSP in Middle East. For placing an OLP license for one of our customer the local distributor is asking the our PCN number. How to find it or generate. I have only CSP and MPN access in my organization, there I can see supplier ID. But distributor/indirect partner says it is not the case. I am new to this Microsoft system for OLP licensing for our customer. How to find the details. Could you please guide me to whom we should reach out to get this information. Look forward your valuable feedback.

jesseguev
Microsoft

Hello @Andra Supplier id is the same as MPN id? Do you know if each MPN location needs a supplier id?

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@jesseguev Hello! Andra has moved on, but I can try to help you as best I can. I will inquire within as I don't know much about what you are asking. I am thinking opening a support ticket may be a good way to go, @JanoschUlmer would you agree? 

anoopsystecx
Level 1 Contributor

I opened a ticket to Partner support they given me the below comments.

"We were contacted by our Volume Licensing team kindly requesting for you to open a new ticket via the Call logging tool (CTL) by accessing the following link https://www.explore.ms/ 

In here you will be able to open a new ticket and your issue will be resolved as soon as possible. 

My Comment on this:   It is not possible to sign up to this site without knowing our PCN. so I given a feedback to partner support again, they came up with new feedback given below.

" Contact Volume licensing Team following this link https://www.microsoft.com/licensing/servicecenter/default.aspx since we do not have regional support nowadays and regarding this situation.  As you open a ticket after entering the link, you can ask for your Public Customer Number and resolve your issue. 

My Comment:  For login to VLSC console I need to sign up or at-least have a order history - Authorization number and Licensing number as end customer to access the subscription or license section. How a partner to get the access if they are new to system they wanted to start the order placed first time?

As a partner how to get to know my PCN if first time I am placing an order through VLSC for my customer? Please can someone guide me?

JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

@Andra A PCN is not an ID assigned to a Partner for reselling, but it is a customer identifier. Also, you don't log in to VLSC to do orders for your customers, the customer has access VLSC to access licenses they have ordered via the distributor.

In my understanding for OLP - Open License - the distributor is asking for the PCN since new sales of Open License is not possible anymore, afaik only for existing OLP customers there could still be orders (not even sure about that though). So, they probably need to know for which customer this order is - if the customer does have Open License already, they should have an access to Volume licensing Center to get their PCN. If they don't, they won't get any Open License anymore (Only Open Value, Open Value Subscription - or you see CSP Perpetual licenses instead, which replace Open License). Again, if the customer does not have any Open licenses yet, I don't understand why the distributor is asking for a PCN that obviously does not exist.

Kind regards, Janosch
Receive consultations via Technical Presales and Deployment Services team
anoopsystecx
Level 1 Contributor

@JanoschUlmer  Thanks for your message.  Basically this is a renewal order request we placed to our local distributor for an Education customer, the customer is located in another GCC country different from our registered office, we are in UAE. We were able to fulfill their CSP license for Office 365 subscriptions through the same indirect partner/distributor. They have few Windows, Desktop Education licenses under Academic Licensing OLV as part of the bunch of orders with us, given to the same distributor, example  "Win Server Standard Core ALng LSA OLV 2L E 1Y Acad AP". The challenge is on these OLV set of order, the distributor order processing Team highlighted to us, they wont be able to place these OLV orders the end customer is in different country, so they need our PCN number to complete these order, else better to register this customer billing in UAE if the customer has a legal registered address so  they don't need our PCN.

Do you think what they are trying to ask us our PCN, that dont making any sense when I read your above comment.

Do you think distribution Team is having lack of understanding they confirmed us they can do all these orders together we placed the  LPO to them all in one , but  because now  says the order cannot full fill due to country change or really require our PCN that can fix this problem, and the country difference wont matter if they have our PCN.  That is why I am trying to find out our PCN to sort it out this case somehow.

Do you think, there are restriction for partners within GCC, cannot place an order out of country customers via OLP? is this Academic orders are Open licensing or Open Value or Open Value Subscription as you mentioned the possibilities or changes recently Microsoft has put in place or still possible for us to process? Though the customers' Office 365 subscription renewal orders we are able to successfully plac through CSP there we don't faced any such challenges. We are chasing the distributor channels support and Microsoft local PDM or partner support members for last two weeks to understand this challenge not to delay further as the customer subscription may go off any time as they are in 30 days grace period after expiry of license. Till now I didn't receive any feedback or update from any support channels with a proper understanding or advise. 

Let me know if you have any feedback on the above explained situation, hope it is more clear now why I raised this asking partner PCN, ours own 🙂

Thank you, Anoop Chandran

JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

@anoopsystecx I'm similar confused on this one, I can only confirm that to my knowledge you don't have a PCN unless you have signed some open agreement yourself. I'm afraid I can't help further, I would continue escalating this matter via your local PDM contact.

Kind regards, Janosch
Andra
Community Manager

I would defer to @Sasolusi to kindly advise, my understanding here (and I might be wrong ☺) is from their internal purchase department, i.e. someone with proper access in Partner center (admin, MPN partner admin etc.) to manage subscriptions and other purchases etc.

Thank you,

Andra

commeco
Level 1 Contributor

And where i can find it now? 😄

JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

Your PCN would be known to somebody from where you obtain licenses from. Partner Center afaik does not display a PCN for yourself. In VLSC it should be listed on the license statements you have, or simply ask the seller of the agreement. You can also contact our Partner Development Manager (account team) at Microsoft - and the VLSC support.

Also I checked https://www.microsoftreadiness.com/en - I could not see where a PCN or Supplier ID would be required, it did just ask to log in as MPN registered Partner (And MPN registration did also not require this info).

Kind regards, Janosch
commeco
Level 1 Contributor

Hello,

We need help to locate our PCN (public customer number). We can't find the PCN in our partner portal and VLSC... 

Do you know where we can find it?

Thank you so much.

Andra
Community Manager

Hello @Sasolusi ,

PCN (Public Customer Number) is the number Microsoft allocates to your organisation as a partner. It is required to access the application.

Please contact the Microsoft Operations primary point of contact within your organisation if you do not already know this number.

Is your company registered in the Microsoft Partner Network ? If not, this is the best place to start, in order to get access : https://partner.microsoft.com/en-US/membership

Thank you,

Andra

Thank you,

Andra

Sasolusi
Level 3 Contributor

Hello @Andra,

Yes, the company registered in the Microsoft Partner Network, so I have the MPN ID.

Is MPN ID same with PCN or Supplier ID?

Thank you,

Solusi

Sasolusi
Level 3 Contributor

Dear @Andra,

Update : I just got information from our purchasing that the company has PCN.

PCN is different from MPN ID.

Thank you for the help.

Kind regards,

Solusi

Andra
Community Manager

Hi @Sasolusi ,

I am glad you confirmed this detail and thank you for sharing it with Community!

Have a great day ahead!
Andra