Hero Banner

Partner Membership Discussions

Discuss Competencies, Enrollment, MAPS and Renewals topics

Level 2 Contributor

Microsoft Action Pack / Office 365 E3: different license period

Hi,

as MS Partner with Microsoft Action Pack (MAPS) you get a credit for 5 users for MS Office 365 E3. We have been using this for some time now.

We now have the following situation:

• Office 365 E3 expires on March 3, 2019
  • MAPS will only expire on May 1, 2019.

In the new Partner Portal MAPS can only be renewed after the 1st of May (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/partner-center/mpn-get-action-pack). Thus, I have until then no key available to extend Office 365 E3.

What should I do to prevent Office 365 E3 from being disabled between March 3 and May 1?

Thanks,
Roni

16 REPLIES 16
Microsoft

@jgroebe Open a support ticket on the topic of MPN benefits via Partner Center. There is no email-based contact option.

It seems you have not extended the licenses, but added 5 seats when you last activated the key. If this was less then 30 days ago the support should be to help.

See also: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/4515206/azure-cloud-products-benefits-tab-for-mpn-partners-in-partner-center

Please note that as per system design, when redeeming a key, the system will not display the renew (extend) option if you have more seats on your existing subscription than the seats number of the token generated at the renewal window. It will only display the add seats option which will allow you to only add more seats to your current subscription.

In order for you to see the option to renew (extend) the seats, you must remove the licenses/seats from users in your current subscription until you reach the same number of seats or less than your new key has, before activating the new key received.

Choosing to add seats and not renew them, the system will provide you with less than 12 months of key end date.  

Example:  If you currently have 20 seats active until 20th of Sept 2020 and you are trying to redeem a key of 5 seats for the next period of enrollment, starting 21st of Sept 2020, you will first need to remove 15 seats from your users, redeem the new key and after assign the users with the necessary seats back. If you don’t remove the 15 seats and simply choose to add the key on the existing subscription, you will have 25 seats active until the 20th of Sept 2020.

Please note that once a key is redeemed, the same key cannot be redeemed a second time, so make sure you are clear on whether you need to renew or extend seats.

Visitor 1

It may sound strange, but just go to the management portal and reclaim your keys.  Then click the link at the end of the sentence:  "Copy the assigned license key below and use it to redeem your license in the Office Portal"

You'll be able to enter that key again and the product will renew until the action pack renewal date. 

Level 1 Contributor

I am using 4 of 10 keys. When I try the above I get the message that the keys are already used. Please help! I am sending mails for 4 weeks now and I will not have mail after August 2nd!

Level 1 Contributor

You only get 5 E3 licences. You get 10 on site licences for Office 2019

Level 1 Contributor

I use 4, which is less then 5, and I am trying to extend the usage for the 4 in use. Not adding new users. Ans I see that more people have the same issue.

Level 1 Contributor

Re-entering the key does not work. Says key already used.    We are currently experiencing similar issue. Was anyone able to figure out how to get the Office 365 E3 licenses to what your benefits entitled you to?  We have an active ticket with the MS Partner Team and do not have a solution yet. Thanks.

Visitor 1

Same problem here, and the response time from the partner Support Team is not great at the moment... ;(

I figured out that I added seats to my existing (previous action pack benefits). 

I should have first taken out all the existing seats and the add as new instead of adding to existing. I DO hope there is a solution for this, you are not alone.

Plaese contact me, regards, Bert

Level 1 Contributor

I had this problem last year and can't remember exactly how it was resolved but it involved getting an E3 30-day trial and using this. After the 30-day trial there is then a 30-day grace period during which we could put in the new MAPS licence key. Think we had about a 40 day differential in dates so was fine not sure what you do if the gap is larger than this. Was over complicated in my case as I had diffferent tenant accounts for MAPS and E3. The initial advice to do this came from Office Support so may be worth asking then how to do this.

Level 1 Contributor

Me too! I have the same issue each year! And last year I was able to phone and some support people had to take action. Now I am not able to phone anyone. I mailed the Office 365 people said I needed to contact the Business Partner support desk. Even got a US phone number, but that did not answer!

Community Manager

Hi @RoniACilliers , @Sidi , @sjpwong &thijsnijhuis

Thanks a lot for reaching out on this matter. This link explains more on the renewal process.

This is a good question, which could be best adressed with a Support Agent here by selecting the topics in the snip.

Capture.PNG

The Support team can find a solution tailored to your needs and depending on the dates you mentioned.

Have a great day ahead!
Andra

Visitor 1

Yes, same problem here too!

Visitor 1

I'm in the same boat -- Office 365 E3 subsciption expires prior to Action Pack newal date.

Anyone successfully navigate through this situation where the Office 365 subscription expires prior to being able to renew the Action Pack?

Is there action we must take so our Office 365 E3 licenses don't expire prior to our being able to renew our Action Pack subscription and obtain the new Office 365 subscription key?

Do our Office 365 subscriptions go into a "renewal grace period" so we retain use while we're waiting for our Action Pack renewal date?

Thanks.

-Tom

Community Manager

Hi @TStanke ,

Sorry to hear you are also facing this challenge.

Have you already talked to a Support Agent about this matter ?

Typically this is the quickest way to get a tailored solution for you, until the Anniversary - Date.

I would also like to highlight the fact that there is work done around implementing a Partner BOT to address some of these issues in real time.

You can find out more by attending this live event.  

Kind regards,

Andra

Visitor 1

Same issue, have you found a solution?

Visitor 1

Different dates but exactly the same problem here.

tnx for help

Visitor 1

Same here!

Microsoft, please advice how to proceed here!