johnwest80
Level 2 Contributor

Business verification - We were not able to verify your business details

I have been a partner for quite a while.  Now that I'm moving over, I'm finding that my verification failed.  The screenshot tells the story.  I'm just a sole proprietorship and work hard to build apps for clients with .net and sql server and azure.  Being a partner gives me credibility in this process.  I'm not sure what my next step is towards verification, but I've seen Microsoft people reach out on here before, so I'm hoping someone will do so again and give me some assistance.  Thx.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jillarmour
Community Manager

If you have questions about your ticket my advice would be to be patient with the support team. They have many cases to wade through and are getting to each ticket as soon as they can. Hang in there! 

View solution in original post

381 REPLIES 381
v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@fbedini That should work. They do specify "Documents submitted must have been issued within the previous 12 months." Could that be the issue? When was that document from IRS created? Do you have something that is more recent? Troubleshooting with ya here. 🙂

fbedini
Level 3 Contributor

@v-jillarmour , the notice is dated 27 April 2021, and the IRS states clearly that I should "Keep a copy of this notice in your permanent records. This notice is issued only one time and the IRS will not be able to generate a duplicate copy for you."
All I have that is more recent is the proof of domain ownership which I submitted with the ticket. 
I have a bank account that is under my business name, I can upload a copy of my bank statement (the header), if that helps.

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@fbedini Well that IRS doc should work then. I actually don't know all the documents that are accepted, but it couldn't hurt to upload the bank statement right? I'll have them look at the ticket again. FINGERS CROSSED! 

fbedini
Level 3 Contributor

@v-jillarmour , thanks for your help on this. I did reply to the support ticket attaching a bank statement. I redacted the acct n. for privacy purposes, but it's my business account. Hope that helps... fingers crossed, as you say... 🙂

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@fbedini ok, so the support team responded back to me with a coined email saying this support ticket was closed because your account was verified. Obviously it's not working correctly, so I have to ask you to submit a NEW support ticket and reference the first ticket number. Tell them it's still not working and then let me know the new ticket number. We will get this working! I'm not giving up! 🌻

fbedini
Level 3 Contributor

@v-jillarmour , I received an email from MS Support at 11:59 CDT telling me that the account was fully authorized. I then saw your message. I just checked again my account status and it is still fully authorized. I think we are done! Thanks for your help!

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@fbedini OH THAT IS GREAT NEWS!! Happy to hear it. Something must have kicked in and started working huh!! Woot woot!! 

MikeJenkings
Level 2 Contributor

Is there any update on the issue of tickets taking so long to resolve? I have the same issue in not being able to verify my business despite providing all the information requested. It's loosing me money in lost sales and stalled projects. My ticket number is 2206060040003281. Please can this be looked at. thank you

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@MikeJenkings I was just notified that your ticket has been resolved. Can you confirm? 

MikeJenkings
Level 2 Contributor

Hi, yes it appears to have been resolved now. Many thanks for your help.

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@MikeJenkings Hello! I'm sorry you are having issues here> I checked your ticket and it was submitted 2 days ago. They have uploaded your documents into the system for review and as soon as they get to it you should be verified unless they need additional documentation.

This process takes time as there are many partners going thru it so the support team is backlogged. Hang in there and if you don't hear back by the end of the week, let me know. I can check on it again. 🌻

MikeJenkings
Level 2 Contributor

Hi, thanks for this but it seems now the problem is worse. My profile info briefly showed as authorised a couple of days ago, then today I got an email saying the verification was successful. then I got another email saying it was unsuccessful and will not be tried again and that you are no longer able to proceed with verification. I cannot see how verification would fail. Clearly the people checking the documents don't know what they are looking at. I am the sole share holder of the company, it is legally registered company in the UK and I am listed as the director. I own the domain, I own the mail accounts, I can prove the email address, the company, the domain and everything belongs to me. How can this happen when I have all the evidence??  Am I expected now to simply accept that I will never have my partnership renewed wen I have clients waiting for me to purchase their licences?  

rawalling63
Level 1 Contributor

I'm attempting to complete the legal section for verification as MPN... and have uploaded several the legal (certified) documents from the state of Michigan that they have sent me verifying my business's existence..  I keep getting rejected....  Not sure how much more clear it can get for them that my business is valid and exist.  Not sure why it keeps reflecting rejected due to them saying they cant seem to verify my business.

Any suggestions?  

rawalling63
Level 1 Contributor

Also, where do I go/email to create a ticket or contact Microsoft directly to resolve this?  Can I even contact them to help facilitate getting this done?

Frustrated for sure..

halbot
Level 3 Contributor

Clearly the support team are completely under staffed. Waiting weeks and weeks for resolution with generic messages is simply unmanageable. What is being done internally to try and resolve this backlog?

defconnetsec
Visitor 1

I read through all of the posts and I see a reoccurring theme here. Microsoft is completely and utterly failing the partner community and not in a small way. The response times are utterly ridiculous, and being told to be patient and wait? We have businesses to run! Many of us rely on this partnership.

Someone isn't doing their job. I too have applied for the partnership program and do my best to support Microsoft but when this happens it becomes increasingly difficult. I've provided everything from bills to building lease, articles of organization, EIN documentation, and official Texas state documents.

None of these have been accepted. My suggestion is this - fire...not tomorrow or the day after but now...every chimp you have that's just haphazardly denying things left and right because it's quite obvious they can't do their job and are making Microsoft look horrible. There is absolutely no excuse for this complete lack of professionalism and care for a community that supports you. 

If you care to take a look at the still open ticket with all the documents attached, you can reference ticket #2203030040005505.

Michael010289
Level 1 Contributor

I'm in the process of setting up a new Microsoft Partners account for my new business. I can't seem to get past the verification stage for either Business or Profile verification. I've submitted appeal documents and continue to get denied. Once denied, I was asked for the same documents each time as if I never uploaded them but I can see the trail of communication showing that they were clearly uploaded. I really need to get my account verified ASAP so I can continue to build my business.  I opened a support ticket but have not heard anything yet ( Support Case# 2203030040005733)Can this be escalated?? Please help!

Markus3
Level 1 Contributor

We are since 4 weeks blocked in the process of the business verification. All document are uploaded but the process will not proceed. No Information! Support Ticket#2202220040002977

Markus3
Level 1 Contributor

Hi
Thank you for your feedback.
My problem is that I cannot wait anymore because I have to renew the partnership until tomorrow.
What can I do that the support finish the validation, so I can then renew the partnership.

Thank you

[cid:MailSignatur_58ec9235-388e-4d77-abef-3edc0c3aa518.png]
CSF Computer Solutions Facility AG
Markus Haas,
G?terstrasse 107
CH-4133 Pratteln
Phone: +41 (0)61 467 99 33,
markus.haas@csf.ch
http://www.csf.ch
[cid:SocialLink_Linkedin_32x32_136af382-fe9e-4d44-bb38-6d88fe549256.png]

[cid:BSI_02801e00-daa5-4cb9-bfde-61fd928c1f7b.png]

Wie gut ist Ihre IT-Infrastruktur aufgestellt? Und welchen Stellenwert besitzt in diesem Zusammenhang die Datensicherheit?

Gehen Sie auf Nummer sicher - mit dem >.

Sch?tzen Sie sich besser gegen Phishing- und Ransomware-Attacken mit der Security Awareness Training und Phishing Simulations Platform.
Markus3
Level 1 Contributor

Thank you for trying.
br

[cid:MailSignatur_58ec9235-388e-4d77-abef-3edc0c3aa518.png]
CSF Computer Solutions Facility AG
Markus Haas,
G?terstrasse 107
CH-4133 Pratteln
Phone: +41 (0)61 467 99 33,
markus.haas@csf.ch
http://www.csf.ch
[cid:SocialLink_Linkedin_32x32_136af382-fe9e-4d44-bb38-6d88fe549256.png]

[cid:BSI_02801e00-daa5-4cb9-bfde-61fd928c1f7b.png]

Wie gut ist Ihre IT-Infrastruktur aufgestellt? Und welchen Stellenwert besitzt in diesem Zusammenhang die Datensicherheit?

Gehen Sie auf Nummer sicher - mit dem >.

Sch?tzen Sie sich besser gegen Phishing- und Ransomware-Attacken mit der Security Awareness Training und Phishing Simulations Platform.
v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@Markus3 I understand the urgency and frustration! There is nothing you can do but wait. I can try to reach out to the team, but I don't often get responses either.

@CatherineC for visibility