johnwest80
Level 2 Contributor

Business verification - We were not able to verify your business details

I have been a partner for quite a while.  Now that I'm moving over, I'm finding that my verification failed.  The screenshot tells the story.  I'm just a sole proprietorship and work hard to build apps for clients with .net and sql server and azure.  Being a partner gives me credibility in this process.  I'm not sure what my next step is towards verification, but I've seen Microsoft people reach out on here before, so I'm hoping someone will do so again and give me some assistance.  Thx.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jillarmour
Community Manager

If you have questions about your ticket my advice would be to be patient with the support team. They have many cases to wade through and are getting to each ticket as soon as they can. Hang in there! 

View solution in original post

381 REPLIES 381
DIGImato
Visitor 1

Hello Jill,

can you help us too ?

our ticket id:

we get this error message:

Employment verification failed.

Please provide additional document(s) dated within the past 12 months to verify your association with the organization. Examples of verification documents are as follows:”

We uploaded several documents, but we don’t know what exactly is needed.

We started the company and desperately need the Microsoft partnership to acquire business customers.

Regards

Dennis

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@DIGImato I understand the urgency on this.

Your ticket is active and has been open for 13 days. It looks like they are waiting for you to upload different documents to verify your account. I can't read the email notification they sent you on 3/17 as it's in German 😁 . I don't know what they specified as new documents needed, but hopefully you can go back and look at it in detail for that info? Once you upload what they need to see they will review and you should be in the clear. Keep us posted of your progress! 

rajco
Level 3 Contributor

Hello @v-jillarmour we need to figure this out. I still have this message. Don't forget I started the process last year.

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@rajco I don't know what else to do, I am not part of the support team and they are not responding to me either. 😞 I've sent one last effort email to someone that MAY be able to point me to someone internally to help, but no promises. I have been trying! 

rajco
Level 3 Contributor

@v-jillarmour Thank you soooo much! This morning I got first reply from MS support after almost 3 months:

We are pleased to let you know this account is now authorized. Please, note that it may take up to 10 business days for the changes to be reflected in your account

But I don't believe that the account is verified until I see it under the portal :).

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

OMG!!! FINALLY!!! I'm so happy to hear this. 

rajco
Level 3 Contributor

@v-jillarmour we rejoiced too early. My account is still unverified :(. I reopened the ticket so it would be great if you can check again. More than 3 months for verification!?

rajco
Level 3 Contributor

@v-jillarmour Could you please check? the ticket number is #2202070040006540?

halimek
Level 1 Contributor

Hi Team,

Previously my partner had Business Verification and everything was fine but 1 month ago business verification failed. Even though we sent all our documents, still nothing came out. The problem ticket we opened on 1.19.2022 has not been resolved yet. All our client projects have stalled and we are unable to move forward. I know you've been working hard, but we're in a really difficult situation right now. Please help me. Thanks for your support.

Ticket ID: 2201190010001083

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@halimek I see you have provided documentation and as soon as they review those docs you should be in the clear! I've seen other cases take up to a month as well and I know it's frustrating, but hang in there. They should be reaching out to you any day now! Please circle back when they do. 

halimek
Level 1 Contributor

@v-jillarmour Thank you very much for your support. But CAse opening date has been 2 months, but there is no progress yet. This situation really started to hurt us. We have no more patience 😞

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@halimek I have confirmed your ticket has been open for 42 days. I am doing what I can to escalate your ticket. Hang in there! 

rajco
Level 3 Contributor

@v-jillarmour if we combine my two same tickets(2112230040005179 and 2202070040006540) they are open for 70 days. I don't have any reply for almost 3 months! Could you please escalate that?

adamberg
Level 1 Contributor

Hello @v-jillarmour 

Sorry to bother you, but can you please check my ticket 2201260040001598 It has been almost 3 weeks and no response. Verification stuck on employment verification - pending. My MAPS renewal has expired. What bothers me is that I cannot create new tickets. Please take a look at my ticket. 

ChristopherB
Visitor 1

Can I get some help? Can anyone tell me why I am getting employee verification failed? I own the company I submitted the documents but it’s always failing. No one has been responding. 

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

If you have questions about your ticket my advice would be to be patient with the support team. They have many cases to wade through and are getting to each ticket as soon as they can. Hang in there! 

mannzerhacker
Level 1 Contributor

Maybe they need a better system that doesn't generate so many support cases?? 

fbedini
Level 3 Contributor

Adding to the oceanic complaints here... I enrolled into the CSP program, which of course triggered a new verification of my business profile. As MANY other users here, I am stuck at the business verification step. I was asked to upload evidence of domain ownership, which I did within 10 minutes from receiving an email from MS stating the need. Three weeks passed, and nothing is happening. It seems incredible to me that with all the wealth that MS has amassed since its inception in 1975, they are not able to provide feedback in a reasonable time frame to active partners. Public sector response is far more efficient than what MS is offering here. 

I opened a ticket today, luckily I don't have renewals yet on the horizon, but I would like to see this resolved. Why MS can contact me within 10 minutes if I submit a ticket through a commercial (or event government) subscription, but as a partner I get treated like I am no one?

For what it's worth, my case is 2207130040009487.

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@fbedini First of all, I'm sorry for your frustration and it is understandable. The support team is behind on the verification process (so they tell me) and doing their best to get to everyone, but in some cases it's taking WAY WAY too long. I looked at your ticket and it shows they sent you an email just this morning asking for:

"Official business document, such as a business registration form, business charter, or articles of incorporation that lists Entity name and address as it is stated on your account." 

Can you respond to them with that info and let me know when you have? I can at that point try to nudge them to take a look at your case. 🙂 I'll do what I can to help you get through this process, hang in there! 

fbedini
Level 3 Contributor

I did respond by sending them my EIN letter from the IRS. I hope that is sufficient. It's the same document I sent last year when I joined the program. Hope this helps, and thanks for looking into this.

fbedini
Level 3 Contributor

@v-jillarmour , sorry, i forgot to tag you. I did respond by sending them my EIN letter from the IRS. I hope that is sufficient. It's the same document I sent last year when I joined the program. Hope this helps, and thanks for looking into this.