Hero Banner

Partner Membership Discussions

Discuss Competencies, Enrollment, MAPS and Renewals topics

Level 2 Contributor

Action Pack Error 715-123160

I have been trying to use my benefits as an Action Pack member but I keep receiving the error:715-123160. I have contacted front-line support a couple times and I keep getting the canned response:

"Your access will not be reactivated as it does not satisfy Microsoft systems or security criteria. Please be aware of the fact that raising new support cases for this issue won’t change the communicated outcome."

No one can tell me the criteria that I'm supposed to adhere and I'm at a loss. My account is nearly a month in and I haven't been able to do anything about the problem. 

Anyone have any suggestions?

68 REPLIES 68
Community Manager

Hi @lscelso ,

Thanks for the mention!

The only team equipped to support these sort of issues is the frontline support, as the Microsoft Partner Community is not the dedicated partner support channel.

For this error I am not aware of any available documentation or fix.

My suggestion here is to use the same case # and add a note to that ticket, or the person who raised the case and ask for more information (escalate).

Hope this helps,

Andra

Level 1 Contributor

The responses I have received from the Support team for this issue have been unbelievable. In a terrible way.

I activated my account on May 7th. Since then, I created a few Azure instances using the credit but nothing else. To check if the keys were working I generated a Visual Studio key but never assigned/activated it.

What I am getting told today is that my access was revoked but I cannot be told why. Also, I am not going to be credited the money back for the action pack because I created the Azure instances and generated the Visual Studio key.

I am beyond frustrated and even worse, do not know where to go or who to talk to about this. There is one Support person who is actually trying to be helpful but I am not sure how much she can really help me.

If anyone here could help me out it would be great.

Level 1 Contributor

Unrelated to this problem, I just leased an office and went in to change my legal address everywhere.  For whatever reason this seems to have kicked the validation steps back to step one.  Maybe it'll end up the same way - we'll see.

In the process of getting a code signing certificate I did find out my D&B profile was pointed to a really old address and no phone number, so you might want to check that.  By "verify phone number" I though they would just call the number and I'd answer and that would be that, but what they actually want is for the number to show up in public records.

Of course with Sectigo they give me the option of getting an Attorney / CPA to attest, instead of just popping up some random error ID and telling their support staff to read some cryptic statement.

Community Manager

Hi @allwet ,

Thank you for providing feedback!

Frontline support is the best way to benefit from guidance in this case.

Could you share with me please the case # you have open with support?

Andra

Level 1 Contributor

Hi @Andra 

Thanks for reaching out. The latest/current ticket is: SRX620052992884041ID. I actually had a lead/supervisor reach out to me who asked for additional information. What he thinks is that the Verification process is failing and is preventing me from accessing the account correctly. I forwarded that information to him earlier today and am waiting for feedback on that.

Just seems strange. I had to originally go through the verification so that I could purchase MAPS and after the purchase the verification failed. Just want to add that I am really not interested in a refund unless it is the only option. I would rather just be able to use it.

Thanks.

Community Manager

Hello,

Yes, if there is still verification ongoing, please wait for the final approval.

If the verification failed, then most likely this is the reason preventing you from using MAPS. 

Kindly wait for further instructions from the support agents. I will investigate with an internal team your ticket # and add any additioanl feedback, if the case.

thanks

Andra

Level 1 Contributor

Thanks @Andra 

I will continue to work with them. The thing that really confuses me is that I did indeed finish verification since it was a requirement to buy MAPS. But in the few weeks after the verification failed again and my access was revoked.

Visitor 1

I registered as a partner last month, it's taken me almost that long to get verified. I finally got my MPN ID two days ago, so I signed in to purchase the Action Pack subscription last night but didn't have my credit card on me so I thought I'd wait until the morning. I signed in this morning and it seems I now get the 715-123160 error when attempting to purchase the Action Pack. This didn't happen last night.

I've submitted a support request, but after reading this I don't hold out much hope. Come on Microsoft, people are wasting so much time on this when they should be actually doing things, for paying customers! 🙂

Visitor 1

I am having difficulty renewing a MAPS subscription.  The following error is received: 

One additional step is needed to validate your account. Our account team is on standby and ready to help you. Please contact us with this reference number: 715-123160 and transaction ID: blah blah blah.

I submitted a support ticket a month ago and the only responses I have received say "A pleasant day to you. I just want to give you an update regarding this escalated case. As per our Engineers, your access will not be reactivated as it does not satisfy Microsoft systems or security criteria."  

When pressed for the criteria that isn't met, I am only told "Apologies if that is the only information we can provide from our Engineers."

This ticket was escalated with basically the same respones.  My business's partner profile indcate that the verification status is authorized.  I am at a lose of what to do next.  Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

Community Manager

Hello @WLD ,

Currently there are no updates on this topic and I am pending several teams for guidance, therefore I can`t communicate an ETA.

Thank you for understanding,

Andra

Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor

Hi @Andra ,

Thanks for your update & appreciate your effort to solve the issue.

I also appreciate the solution is beyond your reach & it's depend other MS teams work efficiency, however can I kindly ask with your vast experience in dealing with them, in order to resolve this issue are we talking about days? weeks? months? or years?

Please indicate a ball park time line, if it's it taking too long, so at least we can re-organised our business priorities. 

Again, thanks for your help.

Community Manager

Hi @WLD and @Murali_I 

Thank you for your feedback and for the mentions!

As this particular error 715 has been flagged by other partners as well, I have escalated this issue internally already and pending for more information.

I shall update you as soon when I get more clarity. 

Thank you for understanding,

Andra

Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor

Hi @Andra 

Is there any update on this please.

Thanks,

Level 1 Contributor

Also having this issue!  Please Help!

Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor

Hi Andra,

Thank you for your reply!

Please do let us know when you got more info.

Thanks.

Level 1 Contributor

Hi WLD,

I've the same issue, without knowing the poor partner support on Microsoft Action Pack Service Activation, now I fell in to the same Victim Spot.

This is seriously ridiculous from Microsoft despite of having all the required verification Approved & Authorized, hence we are entitled to access the Action Pack Offer.

I've got the same response as yours as mentioned below from same third party support team "TelePerformance - Portugal"

Tried this with MPN support which redirect to a third party support team (Teleperformance - Portugal) & their support is hopeless, can you please a shed a light on this. I've googled this issue & there are plenty of similar cases like this unanswered by Microsoft.

Please let me know if your issue was resolved or have you got your refund atleast ?

Hi @Andra , What seems to be the best answers from Microsoft to handle this little better and provide the customers for what they wanted. From my experience, it's really a very poor partner support service. Please let us know where we can further escalate this case and get this resolved immediately. 

I've no idea about the Frontline Support like "TelePerformance - Portugal" and their replies are really not promising at all. Please do the needful

Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor

The issue is still remain & I haven't got any response from the community managers or moderators of the microsoftpartnercommunity.com.

As of now MPN support have closed my ticket & refusing to explain the reason beyond, this is unprofessional and borderline incompetency to the max from the support team.

MPN supports ends there! what shall we do from here to get this sorted.

MICROSOFT TEAM, PLEASE HELP!

Level 1 Contributor

Per MS try an InPrivate Window on Edge

Just an FYI, the InPrivate browsing worked but I was locked out again after trying to acquire the keys for Advanced Threat Analytics....

Level 1 Contributor

I've got the exact same problem as well, with no result in sight.

I keep asking for some kind of compensation for the time I've been unable to access my benefits, but no one wants to entertain the idea either.

Come on Microsoft, this is ridiculous!

Level 1 Contributor

Same problem here, already since February. 

Level 1 Contributor

Is there anybody at Microsoft that can help me???