Hero Banner

Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)

Learn and ask questions on how to implement MFA

Jinseng
Level 5 Contributor

Dynamics GP Email is not MFA capable

Microsoft,

Please provide a solution for using email from Dynamics GP.  Per this thread https://community.dynamics.com/gp/f/microsoft-dynamics-gp-forum/315483/dynamics-gp-2016-and-office-365-mfa, email support in Dynamics GP for MFA enabled accounts is sketchy at best, and we have not been able to get it to work with anything other than IP based exclusions (not compliant) or App Passwords (may not be compliant).  Before forcing these policies on us, please provide solutions/fixes for your software.  We use GP email for multiple business processes including payment check approval processes and invoiceing.  Without this, it'll be harder to pay vendors and send out invoices.

3 REPLIES 3
Jinseng
Level 5 Contributor

Well, it's been a year and MSFT still hasn't come up with a solution for this.  Any news from the CSP or GP teams?

Jinseng
Level 5 Contributor

I found that App Passwords will still work and be allowed, so at least we have a workaround.  But I really think the MSFT needs to provide a fully tested solution for all supported versions of GP.  We want to encourage our clients to enable MFA as well, but this will be a problem for them just like it is for us.  Thank you.

awhinap
Visitor 1

I totally agree.  Please provide an ETD for this function.  It shouldn't take too long considering we are dealing with Microsoft products, thanks