Hero Banner

Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)

Learn and ask questions on how to implement MFA

CihanD
Visitor 1

Check if MFA is enabled/disabled/enforced on Get-PartnerCustomerUser

I'd like to know if it is possible to get information if a PartnerCustomerUser has MFA enabled.

Right now I can only see

DisplayName :
FirstName :
ImmutableId :
LastName :
LastDirectorySyncTime :
PhoneNumber :
SoftDeletionTime :
State :
UsageLocation :
UserDomainType :
UserId :
UserPrincipalName :

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

No, this is not possible with the Partner Center module, but as Partner with delegated admin privileges you can also use the AzureAD module with your Partner credentials and connect to the customer tenant.

However, getting the per-user status is not really recommended, "per-user" MFA is not recommended anymore - Security Defaults or Conditional Access is recommended. Thus there is no MFA user configuration that can be checked - it is possible to get Sing-in logs this to check if the actual login attempts was happening with MFA.

May I ask what the purpose is, why do you want to check this the users of your customers? 

Kind regards,
Janosch
Get consultations form Technical Presales & Deployment services team via https://aka.ms/technicalservices

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

No, this is not possible with the Partner Center module, but as Partner with delegated admin privileges you can also use the AzureAD module with your Partner credentials and connect to the customer tenant.

However, getting the per-user status is not really recommended, "per-user" MFA is not recommended anymore - Security Defaults or Conditional Access is recommended. Thus there is no MFA user configuration that can be checked - it is possible to get Sing-in logs this to check if the actual login attempts was happening with MFA.

May I ask what the purpose is, why do you want to check this the users of your customers? 

Kind regards,
Janosch
Get consultations form Technical Presales & Deployment services team via https://aka.ms/technicalservices

View solution in original post