- Mark Topic as New
- Mark Topic as Read
- Float this Topic for Current User
- Subscribe to Topic
- Printer Friendly Page
Microsoft Ignite has started!
Yesterday, Microsoft Ignite, one of the biggest tech events of the year, started with a bang. Due to the pandemic, the event is online and is free to attend for everyone. It's still possible to register and watch live or on demand at a later time 👉 myignite.microsoft.com
There is a lot of great sessions on Modern Work and Security that we urge you to watch, full of announcements of new features and possibilities both directed to end-users, IT admins and developers. There is also a lot of practical sessions on Secure Remote Work and how businesses are dealing with the pandemic with the help of Microsoft technology.
Here are some of the Teams announcements that have been made so far:
- Breakout Rooms are coming in October. Yay!
- Showing the presenter in front of the PowerPoint slides while presenting. Super cool!
- New scenes and machine learning in "Together Mode" in Teams
- Live reactions on screen during meetings such as cheering, loving, etc.
- A walkie-talkie feature integrated into Teams
- More than 20 partner-created teams meeting extensions
- Teams meetings growing to support up to 1000 participants by end of year
- Integration with Outlook and use of intelligence to help you stay on top of your commitments by suggesting tasks and actions that require follow up
All of the above are just a few of the Teams announcements (read more here) and just a fraction on all of the #MSIgnite announcements on Modern Work and Security and other Microsoft solutions. Press here for more highligts from the first day of Ignite.
I also want to shout out one of the most practical sessions so far called "The Ultimate Microsoft 365 Demo Showcase" with Jason Gregory and Karuana Gatimu. It was absolutely fantastic and full of great tips and tricks from a user point of view.
There's also extensive discussions around the Power Platform and how you can automate processes, create simple internal apps for time saving and then integrate with Teams and other MW solutions. Something cool to explore for the #PowerAddicts . 😎
We urge you to stay up to date. Go to myignite.microsoft.com and follow the latest and greatest on Modern Work and Security.