Co-op funds: Don't leave money on the table!
CSP Partner Incentives Cooperative Marketing Funds to expire December 31
These are strange times but that does not change the fact that you still earn Partner Incentives Cooperative Marketing Funds (Co-op) for your efforts in CSP. We want to make sure that you are not leaving money on the table.
Details: CSP partners earn Co-op as part of their incentive reward. Partners can leverage co-op to fund demand generation, market development, and readiness activities. Co-op funds enable you to increase Microsoft® brand awareness and drive sales pipeline growth. Many partners find success by investing co-op funds in activities to facilitate seller readiness, develop specializations, or attain Microsoft certifications – activities that foster focused solution practices and Centers of Excellence. More resources on Co-op
As a reminder, Co-op funds earned by your company between January and June of 2020 must be used by December 31, 2020 and claims submitted by Feb 15. By policy, unused co-op funds are forfeited back to Microsoft, so please plan to utilize available funds soon! If you are an indirect provider, please remember to communicate this deadline to your resellers who earn co-op as well.
Ready to Get Started? Review eligible uses for your co-op funds can be found in the Partner Incentives Co-op Guidebook and plan your campaign.
- Review the cooperative marketing funds overview and the Partner Incentives Co-op Guidebook for a list of eligible activities & proof of execution guidance
- Review your available co-op amount by logging into Partner Center
- Use Microsoft Go-to-market Services by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit claims in Partner Center – reference the Co-op Claiming Experience in Partner Center file published in the Co-op asset collection on the partner website
Want to learn more?
Microsoft is hosting two Co-op Office Hours webinars to assist partners with the claiming process. Register today, mark your calendars, and come ready with questions about co-op activities, claim submissions, and more.
- Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 4PM, https://aka.ms/EVT739PAL-Register
- Thursday, January 14, 2021, 8AM, https://aka.ms/EVT739PAL2-Register
How to best use Co-op funds in times of Covid?
Understandably, it may be more challenging to spend co-op funds in times of Covid, e.g. since in-person conferences and events are not often an option. Here are some great suggestions on how partners can best leverage their earned CSP co-op earnings during the current times:
- Social media marketing campaigns or Multi-touch digital campaigns to drive new leads and sales pipelines
- Webinars around Microsoft-focused solutions, e.g. by contracting an expert as a speaker to enhance the event
- Education of On-site Champs - Almost every partner with co-op funds available is big enough to need one or more people leading sales and marketing projects and engagements
- Best Practice Building – this is a great time for partners to be building specialized and focused best practices
- Readiness – if partners find their sales and technical people with a bit of downtime right now, they should use it to enhance their certifications and advanced training
- Proofs-of-Concepts and Demo Centers - now may be a great time for partners to build demo centers to have ready for when everyone returns to offices. These could also be great to support Migration Services
- Internal incentives and sales competitions (SPIFFs)