Microsoft for Startups
Where startups from all over can collaborate and learn from each other and from Microsoft experts

Don't see your topic? Start a Topic
Level 1 Contributor

Getting leads from listing in Microsoft Appsource

I had a question about App Source Marketplace. We have a listing there (https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/web-apps/slope.slope30), but we have yet to get any leads from it. 

Does anyone have some suggestions on how to get people to find your product here? I'm working with @Raj and he's been doing a great job of guiding our team through the process of co-selling with Microsoft - he suggested asking the community, so here I am! 

Thanks so much,

Dan

Co-Founder, Slope

Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Getting leads from listing in Microsoft Appsource

@czhu, can you help, @djbloom.. Slope offers free trials to their potential customers. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Getting leads from listing in Microsoft Appsource

@djbloom It's great you already provide a trial experience! Here are some initial suggestions from our marketplace team expert @ellacroi

1. Make sure you've entered keywords in the Cloud Partner Portal on your offer details page. These keywords are included in the marketplace search algorithm, and will help your solution appear in relevant searches.

2. Consider adding formatting to your offer description section to call out a customer value proposition, or a testimonial, or other information that might help customers easily understand how to use your offer. Customers often skip over listings they can't read easily. You can see our list of content validation items, which can help you think of some ways to add/change your language here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/marketplace/marketplace-criteria-content-validation

3. Add some useful links in CPP (on the storefront tab). If you have any whitepapers or downloadable materials that might help customers explore your solution, these are great to have as part of your marketplace listing.

Let us know how the above go!