I've been interviewing partner leaders on how the business is evolving since the formation of the OCP or One Commercial Partner organization and this week's discussion led me to Scott Buth, whose team focuses on supporting some of the largest strategic partners at Microsoft.
During Scott's nearly 10 years at Microsoft, and 14 years in the Channel, he has held a variety of roles from sales and product management to partner account management across software and hardware.
Now as Director of Partner Development in Microsoft's One Commercial Partner organization, he is responsible for the solution and practice development within Microsoft's US Licensing Solution Provider (LSP) Partners aligned to Microsoft's four solution areas - Modern Workplace, Apps & Infrastructure, Data & AI, and Business Applications. .
In our interview you will learn about Scott's role and the mission of his team, what strategic levers he applies to help these partners evolve their practices and where he sees the growth for Microsoft's largest strategic partners.
In addition, you will learn:
- How his organization works across OCP - leveraging resources from Build With, Go-to-Market and Sell With organizations to help partners better align on business planning, strategy and market expansion.
- The infusion of PTS or Partner Technology Strategists and "the swarm" of CSA - Cloud Solution Architects available to partners.
- Challenges partners face during the transformation.
- How partners are developing new revenue models.
- How he sees the business evolving with CSP - Cloud Solution Provider program.
- Qualities he believes important to great partnerships: commitment, transparency and accountability.
- The importance of having a growth mindset and listening.
- His personal and professional journey and business philosophy.
You can listen to the podcast and read the transcript of this episode here.
As with each of my interview and articles, I appreciate your feedback. How are you developing new revenue models? Please comment below with your thoughts!
You can reach me on LinkedIn or on email at email@example.com. You can also review this podcast by going to iTunes and searching "Ultimate Guide to Partnering" and clicking on the album art and hitting the ratings link. This helps others find the podcast.
Thank you for following and listening.
I hope you enjoy this episode!