Hero Banner

Microsoft Partner Network

Where Microsoft's CSP, MSP, SI, and ISV partners seek new opportunities and learn from each other

Level 1 Contributor

Re: Azure Partner Admin Link Preview

Hi @mohammed_basha 
You said that anyone with access to the customer's Azure tenant can set up PAL.
In other words, if i set up PAL with an account who can access Azure, will the consumption amount be reflected in Partner Admin Link on Partner Center?

Below, quote
3.Can PAL be done by any of our team member with user account, who has access to client org or the team member should have an admin role?

Yes, anyone with access to the customer's Azure tenant. They need an RBAC role with permissions that cover resources generating revenue.

Level 4 Contributor

Hi @moeka,

Thanks for reaching out! I meant anybody with administrative privileges ex: a person who has access to client environment should be able to create Azure resources or spin up VM's. Only then for those credentials with admin privileges consumption amount would be reflected in Partner Admin Link on Partner Center

Regards,

Basha,

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mdfbasha

Level 1 Contributor

Hi @mohammed_basha 

Thanks you for your reply.
I could understand your answer.

I have another question about azure incentive proguram.

Question1

I understand that PAL shoud only be done for EA contract, PAL is not repuired for CSP contract .

What is CSP incentive proguram? 

Question2
When we are set up PAL, can Azure administorator check the user list who setting PAL ?
If Azure administrator can show it, how can it be displayed?

For exsample, Azure UI,powershell,API...

Visitor 1

Hi @moeka,

Question1

I understand that PAL shoud only be done for EA contract, PAL is not repuired for CSP contract .

What is CSP incentive proguram? 

Answer: Attached

Question2
When we are set up PAL, can Azure administorator check the user list who setting PAL ?
If Azure administrator can show it, how can it be displayed?

For exsample, Azure UI,powershell,API...

Answer: Nope, Azure Admin will not have the list of PAL users. If you have attached PAL correctly then you should start seeing consumption on Cloud Product Performance tab on Partner Center through PAL in a month

Regards,

Basha,

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mdfbasha

+91 7338345084

Visitor 1

Hello, 

We have linked our customers awhile back but it is still not showing in partner center. Who do we contact in regards to getting this resolved?

Level 5 Contributor

You need to raise a support ticket within the partner center. They can then check to see whether you are receiving anything via PAL's.

Visitor 1

My company has starting recieving an error alert when we try to add PAL that our Partner ID is invalid even though we have used this in the past to assign PAL and our ID is still active. We have gotten this error message on two different accounts. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is there an alias I can reach out to to resolve the issue?

Level 3 Contributor

At my company we originally used our corporate “virtual organization” partner ID. That ID stopped working for Partner Admin Link and we we had to use our location specific partner ID sometime in the last year.