Hero Banner

Microsoft Inspire Discussions

Connect with partners, Microsoft, and industry experts for a week of networking, learning and collaboration

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

My top meeting tip for MS Inspire !

Hi All,

My top tip when attending conferences is to make sure that whenever you are given a business card to make sure you take a photo of it with your smartphone.  In all the hubbub of meeting so many new people, attending meetings and doing business, taking a photo will remind you of who you met. More importantly the date and timestamp will help you remember when you met them which will help jog your memory as to the conversation.

And of that is sufficient, you can go one stage further.  Sometimes taking a selfie/photo and posting it to your FB page with the provacy set to "me only" is a brilliant way to capture the who, when (date/time), where and of course you can add a little note to it too...   When you're on the move and have to deal with meeting a lot of new people, this tip will save you lots of heartache later on when you are tryign to recall that key person that you need to contact to get some business done.
And of course allowing people to connect with you on forums like this is always a great idea too.
Feel free to connect with me, add me as a friend and let me know what area of business you are in.

Enjoy the conference.

Many Thanks

Alison Howe
Sales & Marketing Executive
Technology Associates Ltd, UK
Gold PPM & Midmarket Partner
E-mail: AHowes@techassoc.com
LinkedIn: http://bit.ly/2u4yzM4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Influencer

Re: My top meeting tip for MS Inspire !

What a great tip! I especially like the idea of taking a photo to capture who, when and where you met the individual. Events like MS Inspire are such a fantastic way to connect with people, and it's just as critical to follow-up with them. To effectively do so, you have to be able to recall what that connection intersection was. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the Microsoft Partner Community!

1 REPLY 1
Influencer

Re: My top meeting tip for MS Inspire !

What a great tip! I especially like the idea of taking a photo to capture who, when and where you met the individual. Events like MS Inspire are such a fantastic way to connect with people, and it's just as critical to follow-up with them. To effectively do so, you have to be able to recall what that connection intersection was. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the Microsoft Partner Community!