Hero Banner

Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace

Learn how to grow your business by publishing your cloud solution on Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace

Microsoft

Workshop on Aug 14: Transacting through Microsoft's commercial marketplace

Microsoft’s commercial marketplace offers powerful functionality to enable your sales and growth strategy. The platform enables organizations to find, try, and buy best in class software and IT services, and it allows providers to reach customers through web stores, an expansive network of resellers, and a global sales team.

Microsoft is hosting a virtual workshop on how to transact through Microsoft’s commercial marketplace on August 14th from 8-10am PST.

Register today! https://aka.ms/TransactWorkshop

This workshop will teach ISVs how to benefit from Microsoft’s commercial marketplace as a sales channel, configure offerings according to desired business models, and integrate with commerce platform functionality to leverage transaction capabilities.

The two hour session will include:

• Overview of the commercial marketplace strategy and sales channels
  • Offer types and software implementation models
  • Monetization and billing options
  • Legal considerations and agency approach
  • Technical integration and publishing process
  • Abundant Q&A and discussion

Please register to attend the live workshop or receive access to the on-demand recording after the event, and don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft

Re: Workshop on Aug 14: Transacting through Microsoft's commercial marketplace

Thanks to everyone who was able to attend this workshop! More than 200 people joined the session, we covered a tremendous amount of material, and your questions/feedback were incredibly helpful.

• All the slides used in the workshop can be found in the deck attached to this post.
  • We are scheduling another workshop with the same content for additional attendees.
  • The workshop recording encountered an issue. We will use the second delivery for video.

Upcoming sessions.jpg

Clickable links (h/t @Residentx100):

Please keep the questions and feedback coming in this thread!

9 REPLIES 9
Community Manager

Can't wait!

Level 1 Contributor

Level 1 Contributor

Do you have a demo of these ISV tools for us to see? 

What is the percentage Microsoft will take now from the new ISV Tiers?

Microsoft changes their products very fast? The CSP/CREST API are just horrible. Will this work similar? 

What is the URL to the new ISV experience?

Microsoft

Microsoft

For business applications customer engagement an finance and ops apps, it will be 10% for the standard tier, and 20% for the premium tier. 

The link for more information is: partner.microsoft.com/en-us/solutions/business-applications/isv-overview

Level 1 Contributor

The Payouts I have a lot of questions about this. This will be edited as I listen to this:

1. Who was the architect of this new system? It's very comprehensive...

2. Example 1, I list a product for FY19-20 but either my people don't re-certified or my app falls out of certification due to API changes or something else Microsoft changes. Will I get paid for products sold in FY19-20(June) in the FY20-21(July or whenever payout is due)?

3. What is the cost to join this new platform?

4. Where are the software certification tools. The old tools were offline a lot. 

5. What are the conditions when a dispute happens between me and a client? Is this going to become like a court where I have to hire lawyers to represent my issues whenever I have a dispute?

6. PIE was just horrible with payouts. How will this improve that?

7. This question is about China, Microsoft has a special instance of Azure there. How will this whole process work there? 

8. Will Microsoft be doing local workshops to help partners navigate this? We're having a 2 hour call now but this won't cover everything. 

9. Will this replace the OCP catalog?

10. In the past, many companies refused to put pricing for their products on the marketplace. What makes you think this time this will work? Will they be able to hide or will it be mandatory to list?

11. Why isn't C/C++ supported with this experience?

12. This question is about AZ Gov, Microsoft has a special instance for them. How will this whole process work there? Is there an experience just for Gov or can we still use existing?

Highlighted
Microsoft

Thanks to everyone who was able to attend this workshop! More than 200 people joined the session, we covered a tremendous amount of material, and your questions/feedback were incredibly helpful.

• All the slides used in the workshop can be found in the deck attached to this post.
  • We are scheduling another workshop with the same content for additional attendees.
  • The workshop recording encountered an issue. We will use the second delivery for video.

Upcoming sessions.jpg

Clickable links (h/t @Residentx100):

Please keep the questions and feedback coming in this thread!

Level 1 Contributor

Links for "easy" registration to future calls:

https://aka.ms/marketplaceroadmapwebinar

(original url didn't work so had to go into presentation to get it)

https://aka.ms/AnalyticsWebinar

https://aka.ms/MarketingBestPractices

Microsoft

To accommodate additional time zones, we have scheduled an encore delivery of “How to transact through Microsoft’s commercial marketplace” on September 4th at 7pm Pacific.

Registration is open here.