Hero Banner

Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace

Learn how to grow your business by publishing your cloud solution on Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace

Level 1 Contributor

Unable to give format to app description text for AppSource in Partner Center

I am publishing a solution in the APPSource via Partner Center and I have all requirements completed and just ready to "Go Live" in APPSource and Azure Marketplace. But when I preview the app, its description has lost the format and all text is a block without bullets, paragraph spaces and so on.

I have read the instructions and say not to use html, just plain text as I am using.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Microsoft

Re: Unable to give format to app description text for AppSource in Partner Center

Hi Rafael - the description field does support rich text, and if you're following the approach outlined in the documentation below, we may need to route this through a support case.

Here's a link directly to the description formatting section of the SaaS article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/marketplace/partner-center-portal/create-new-saas-offer#description

Level 2 Contributor

Re: Unable to give format to app description text for AppSource in Partner Center

Actually, you do need to use html tags.

Highlighted
Level 1 Contributor

I do not have the rich text editor available.

Should I use html?

Microsoft

Any chance you're publishing a consulting service?

The screen shot looks like you're in Cloud Partner Portal (some offer types are still created and managed in the legacy portal, as we transition to Partner Center in phases), and CPP supports only plain text or markdown formats.

Here's an explanation and sample markdown:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/marketplace/cloud-partner-portal/consulting-services/cpp-consulting-service-storefront-details#offer-description

Level 2 Contributor

Here is a screenshot of the text of a live offer (an app) on Partner Center.

As brian_levenson states, it is different for Consulting Services in the Cloud Partner Portal.