Hero Banner

Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace

Learn how to grow your business by publishing your cloud solution on Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace

Level 1 Contributor

Trial not cancelled - about to be charged for it

Good evening,

I've been directed here by MS Azure support as I have a problem in regard to a trial of marketplace software that they are unable to help me with.

Just before christmas I started a 30 day trial of Barracuda WAF for Azure.  A few days before the trial ended I canclled the trial and deleted the service in the Baracuda dashboard as I had been unable to locate the service in the Azure portal after first use.

I contacted barracuda and they confirmed the trial had been cancelled.

Recently I began to receive emails about an invoce due by 8th Feb for ~£380. I thought the invoice was in regard to another service with an incorrect amount so queried it.

Turns out the Barracuda trial may not have been cancelled though I still cannot locate the service in the portal (that could be me, pointers welcome) and I will be charged for a service I haven't used outside of the trial period.

Can anyone help me to resolve this.

Thanks in advance for your help

cheers

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Microsoft

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the hassle. Once we have this resolved for you, I want to follow up on your experience, but let's prioritize avoiding the charges. Can you please try the following?

• Please log in to the Azure portal with the account you used to purchase the offer (portal.azure.com)
  • Search for “SaaS” in the search bar
  • Confirm whether the subscription appears as a resource in the list
  • If no, please take a screen shot
  • If yes, select the subscription in the left navigation and choose “delete” in the top

delete SaaS subscription in Azure Portaldelete SaaS subscription in Azure Portal

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Microsoft

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the hassle. Once we have this resolved for you, I want to follow up on your experience, but let's prioritize avoiding the charges. Can you please try the following?

• Please log in to the Azure portal with the account you used to purchase the offer (portal.azure.com)
  • Search for “SaaS” in the search bar
  • Confirm whether the subscription appears as a resource in the list
  • If no, please take a screen shot
  • If yes, select the subscription in the left navigation and choose “delete” in the top

delete SaaS subscription in Azure Portaldelete SaaS subscription in Azure Portal

View solution in original post

Level 1 Contributor

Following links.... Software as a Service, the first result in Services is in fact the Barracuda firewall which I've now deleted (and here's me searching for Barracuda, firewall, waf etc for the last few weeks)

Thank you! It's the first time I've used the marketplace so am unfamiliar some aspects. I'm a little suprised Barracuda didn't say search for SaaS when I called, I spoke to them at length but perhaps they assumed I knew, it's not particularly clear though to anyone new to their service.

Thanks Brian, ! appreciate your help with this.

Steve

Level 1 Contributor

Apologies if my reply seemed to come in half-way through what I was saying, it does.

Just to clarify. 

The Barracuda service is not listed under Barracuda or Firewalls, it is listed as "Software as a Service" - the first result in the Services section of the search results (as shown in the screenshot attached in my first reply)

Thanks again for your help Brian!

Steve

Microsoft

My pleasure, and I'm so glad that worked!

While we seek to make the experience more intuitive and simple, I'm also working on improvements to our documentation along with demo videos and KB articles. Your feedback is really helpful as I prioritize topics and consider scenarios.

If you have a little time to share more about your experience and preferences, I'd love to discuss via email or a quick phone call. Just shoot me a mail at Brian.Levenson@microsoft.com

Thanks!

Level 1 Contributor

Hi Brian,

I did respond with some detail but have had no indication you received my mail so I don't know if you did or not.

Also this isn't resolved yet. I now have an invoice stating payment is overdue and I need to pay it before my services are restricted.

This is becoming a concern.

Thanks for your time, Brian.

regards

Steve

Microsoft

Sorry! Thought I replied to your email, but I see my message didn't make it out of my drafts folder.

Following up now.