Hero Banner

Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace

Learn how to grow your business by publishing your cloud solution on Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace

Visitor 1

Test Leads from AppSource Not Stopping

Our app is published on AppSource, but we're still getting 10 or more "MSFT-TEST" test leads per day, even when no one has made changes to the listing. The numbers on each test lead are different, so it's not a duplicate notification problem. Has anyone else had this? Is there perhaps a setting we've configured incorrectly? 

13 REPLIES 13
Level 2 Contributor

MSFT_TEST leads causing issue

Hi,

We are receiving so many test leads from our existing published apps.

Can someone help me on this ASAP?

Thanks,

Ajay.

Community Manager

Re: MSFT_TEST leads causing issue

Happy Wednesday Ajay,

Can you be more specific, what type of issues you are seeing ?

Please have a look in this documentation and if you need more details, let me know.

Kind regards,

Andra

Level 2 Contributor

Hi Andra,

Happy Wednesday..!!!!

We have published our 10 apps over the MS Dynamics 365 app source and from those apps if any lead will generate then it will automatically add to our Salesforce org.

Right now Microsoft is running some test run on our apps and that is creating so many leads inside our Salesforce org. I am attaching those test leads the list as follows,

{8F6F5D9B-7BA6-4592-87B7-1354DA448715}.pngLead list

I want to disable this test run from Microsoft. I am not getting any appropriate link that tells from where I can disable this and stop getting this test leads.

Let me know if you need further explanation.

Thanks,

Ajay.

Level 2 Contributor

Hi Andra,

Happy Wednesday...!!!

We have published our apps inside the App source for Dynamics CRM and our apps are generating leads into our Salesforce. Those apps are working fine since last 1 year but suddenly from last 15 days we are receiving MSFT_TEST leads from Microsoft in every 2 days and those leads count is about 80+ that is causing so much for our sales team. I want to stop creating those test leads from Microsoft.

Following is the list of those leads,

{F18367F7-D4A2-499A-B4BF-8A4ADB6C4493}.pngLead List

Please let me know if you want more information.

Thanks,

Ajay.

Visitor 1

Re: Test Leads from AppSource Not Stopping

We are having the same issue - it's been going on for several days. Does anyone from Microsoft monitor this community?

Community Manager

Did either of you create a support ticket with marketplace support? If not, I highly suggest doing so, so we can track and monitor your individual cases. 

Visitor 1

Same issue here, and it's getting a bit out of hand. We have only 5 solutions published, but it's still a nightmare to look through our CRM leads when we have 100s of test leads created in the past few weeks. Will sending a support request help at all?

Microsoft

Definitely submit a support ticket like Cathy suggested in order to get the issue tracked within our formal systems. In parallel, I'm reaching out to the Eng team to find out whether there is something systematic taking place. Thanks for the heads up!

Community Manager

@brian_levenson ,

I just added another thread here with the same issue.

Do you have any update from the Eng team ?

@CommercientLLC : Ajay, please submit a ticket to support to Azure Marketplace on this matter for now.

Thanks!
Andra

Microsoft

I dont have an update yet but am escalating more aggressively this morning.

Support is the best path for tracking and follow up, though.

Highlighted
Microsoft

Hi all - I believe we've identified the cause of the test leads (UAT activities) and mitigation is now in place. Please reply here if you're seeing the leads continue.

I would always encourage you to engage with the community and Microsoft teams through this forum, but for issues like this, a support ticket is also important. An agent will be assigned to triage, escalate, and track the problem, and they have paths to create incidents for the engineering team directly.

Level 2 Contributor

Thanks Brain.

I also called to Microsoft support and they told me that they have added new publish yesterday and it will take 24 hours to reflect everyone. So, Probably from Monday, we will not receive any Test leads.

Thank you everyone for your feedback.

Thanks,

Ajay.

Level 1 Contributor

After long discussions and followup emails with MS Engineering team, the MSFT_TEST leads issue has been resolved.
if you still facing this issue you can create a support ticket with marketplace support