Hero Banner

Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace

Learn how to grow your business by publishing your cloud solution on Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace

Helpful
Level 1 Contributor

Relationship between partner accounts and AppSource offers

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could validate the following:

• When an organization becomes a partner at least one business location is required
  • Assuming the partner only has one location, two partner accounts are created and associated with their Azure Active Directory:
    • One Partner Global Account
    • One Partner Location Account
  • Each of these partner accounts has its own MPN ID
  • If the partner enters the Marketplace program, each partner account has distinct settings:
    • Each is issued a Publisher and Seller ID (visible in Developer and Identifiers sections of account settings)
    • Each has distinct Payout and Tax Profiles
    • Each has distinct Payout and Tax Profile Assignment
    • Each has distinct Registered Programs
    • Each has distinct Agreements
    • (and so on)

Questions:

• If a Payout and Tax Profile is added to the Partner Global Account, why is it not automatically applicable or selectable for the Partner Location Account?
  • What is the relationship between marketplace offers and partner accounts?
    • Can an AppSource offer (e.g. "Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement & PowerApps") be associated with either partner account (global or location)?
      • If yes, can the partner account association be changed to another partner account within the same directory?
    • Is there any difference between Azure and AppSource marketplace offers or specific offer types?
  • Is there a best-practice recommendation to avoid issues over time (company grows, expands, etc.)?

Request:

It would be immensely helpful to see an illustrative scenario in documentation that outlines a typical setup for a small ISV (Fabrikam) operating in one location and larger ISV (Contoso) operating in multiple locations to highlight how their setups may differ.

2 REPLIES 2
MikeO
Microsoft

I think your suggestion "It would be immensely helpful to see an illustrative scenario in documentation that outlines a typical setup for a small ISV (Fabrikam) operating in one location and larger ISV (Contoso) operating in multiple locations to highlight how their setups may differ." is an excellent one. I will raise it though I'm not sure which team would be responsible (I don't work on the Marketplace or Partner Center teams).

Helpful
Level 1 Contributor

I may have been the only person confused on this issue, but after speaking with a support person I have an update.

I didn't get a clear answer on the first question above, however, on the second question, "relationship between offers and partner accounts", they indicated that offers could be setup under each partner account type and that they suggest only setting them up with the Partner Global Account.