New Category and Industry Taxonomy Experience for Azure Marketplace and Microsoft AppSource
Very excited to announce that today we launched a new taxonomy experience for publishers and direct customers in Azure Marketplace and Microsoft AppSource. We enhanced functionality in Partner Center for publishers to tag offers with an updated set of categories, subcategories, industries, and industry verticals. This new experience will improve buyer discoverability of offers and help publishers reach more customers.
In Partner Center, publishers can now tag offers with:
- A primary category (required) and secondary category (optional)
- Up to two subcategories for each category selected
- Up to two industries and two verticals per industry (AppSource only)
We also improved the offer discovery experience in AppSource, where filters by subcategory and industry verticals are now available for buyers:
We encourage all publishers with offers in Azure Marketplace and/or Microsoft AppSource to take advantage of the new taxonomy experience by following these steps:
- Log in to Partner Center
- On the left navigation pane, click Commercial Marketplace, then click Overview
- Select the offer you want to update
- Click Properties
- Review the new taxonomy and update your offer categories and industries as appropriate.
- Click Save draft
- Click Review and publish (read complete information about republishing updated offers)
Categories and subcategories are mapped to each storefront based on the target audience. Offers will be published to Microsoft AppSource or Azure Marketplace depending on the offer type, transaction capabilities of the offer and category/subcategory selection. Review our offer listing best practices and learn how to best align your offer with the new category taxonomy experience and reach your intended audience.
If you need help, please submit a support ticket.