Hero Banner

Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace

Learn how to grow your business by publishing your cloud solution on Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace

Yonit
Microsoft

How can a solution maintain or achieve IP Co-Sell status?

Marketplace is now a requirement to maintain IP Co-Sell solution status. Solution listings must be published in Azure Marketplace and/or AppSource by Dec. 31st 2018.

What does this mean?

• If your solution was ‘IP Co-Sell Ready’ before June 2018, a draft of your offer has already been migrated to Marketplace. Check the Cloud Partner Portal (CPP) to review your draft and publish. 
  • If you’re not yet IP Co-Sell Ready, we encourage you to create your offer anytime by selecting “New offer” on Cloud Partner Portal (CPP).
9 REPLIES 9
vdcconsortium
Level 2 Contributor

Hello,

Is “IP COSELL” different from “IP COSELL READY”? I’m not sure whether there’s a distinction.

Thank you.
justin
Microsoft

They're referring to the same thing. Technically, "IP Co-Sell" is the name of the program, while "IP Co-Sell Ready" is the status earned by a solution that grants it eligibility into the program.

mohammed_basha
Level 4 Contributor

Dear Yonit,

I have attached a screenshot of solutions from our OCP catalog. We want one of our solutions- Dynamic Customer Profile Creation: 4-week PoC which is on Azure Marketplace to be Co-Sell Prioritized. It would be great if you could help me know What are the steps in bullet points, I should follow to make our solution Co-Sell Prioritized.

Look forward to your response.

Regards,

Basha,

TheDataTeam

justin
Microsoft

Hi Basha,

Please submit your request to CoSell@Microsoft.com, and they'll be able to assist.

Hope you're well,

Justin

Sid-Crypteron
Level 1 Contributor

If a SaaS solution on the Azure Marketplace is published under the "Listing" category (vs "Sell through Microsoft") by Dec 31st does that leave the door open to easily switch to "Sell through Microsoft" in Jan'19? Our dev team is underway but the holidays are almost here. Or does the solution need to be "Sell through Microsoft" enabled by Dec 31st? 

Thanks
Sid

justin
Microsoft

Hi @Sid-Crypteron,

For the 31st deadline for IP Co-Sell, the solution simply needs to be a listing offer. You and your development team can easily modify the offer listing to add transaction functionality at a later date after they've enjoyed their holidays. Smiley Happy

Sid-Crypteron
Level 1 Contributor

Thanks @justin, that helps.

Could you link to or list the changes partners can expect with respect to the Azure Marketplace after Dec 31st, 2018?

justin
Microsoft

Hi Sid,

Apologies for missing this until now. You can view our marketplace roadmap at any time here: https://aka.ms/publicmarketplaceroadmap

Best,

Justin

PerWerngren
Influencer

Important information but also time to highlight that today there are great opportunities to work together with Microsoft in order to find more sales. The new programmatic structure with AppSource and Marketplace really makes it easier than before.

Regards, Per