Hero Banner

Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace

Learn how to grow your business by publishing your cloud solution on Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace

Visitor 1

Azure marketplace offering and integration

Hi,

New to the Azure Marketplace,
I have been looking at the guides for ARM templates and SaaS fulfillment APIs (version 2), but I am still struggling to understand how we could offer our services via Azure Marketplace.
Could be that I have missed something fundamental.

First, what I am trying to achieve?
We typically integrate with Azure services ex. Azure IoT Hub.
Allowing customers to setup their own Azure IoT Hub and then allow us to integrate with it.

For this to work we need the IoT Hub to be setup with a specific config and we need to know the IoT Hub ConnectionString.
The setup is easy, and just done in the ARM Template,

but I don’t see how we can get the IoT Hub ConnectionString communicated to us during the purchase.

The ARM Template can be set to output what we need, but this information dont seem to be communicated via the SaaS fulfilment API or any other way.
I have also looked into if there are any way to navigate the customer to a specific website after the purchase, but I cant find any.
The only idea I have so far is to use the email sent via SaaS fulfilment API, and email the customer back with future instructions.

Are there anyone else out-there that has similar offering where you as a publisher need information from the Azure Resource (created by the customer) sent to you to be able to complete/provide the offering?

Cheers

-Anders

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Microsoft

Hi Anders - great questions.  I manage the IoT category for marketplace, and am happy to help provide some guidance.  Shoot me a mail at jeff.cornwell@microsoft.com to continue the conversation.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Level 1 Contributor

Hi,

We are in the process of setting up our cloud application pipe9.com as SaaS in Partner Center. We want to sell through Microsoft and are trying to implement SaaS fulfilment API’s based on the below documentation:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/marketplace/partner-center-portal/pc-saas-fulfillment-api-v2#api-reference

This is our first time doing something like this. We are able to understand what should be done with respect to API integration code that is provided in the document. Our dev team are not sure how to start the process – like in:

1. ‘How do we receive the parameters from Microsoft? If we can get an idea about this – it will help us integrate fulfilment API’s.
  2. ‘When a customer initiates a purchase, the partner receives this information in an authorization code on a customer-interactive web page that uses a URL parameter’
    Is it possible for you to share a sample of the authorization code you will send us?   

Being new to this – we tried searching for the info but are not able to find one.

Please feel free to share any other documentation or resources that will be of help to us.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Billy 

Visitor 1

Hi Billy,

Are you able to find the solution or samples?

I am trying to place my SaaS application on the Azure Marketplace and I wanted to sell it through the MS.

I got some sample on internet and I am able to run the sample and trying to create my SaaS listing. However, it is not straightforward as it looks hence wanted to know if you have successful in implementation of it.

I have referred the following resources and able to execute it locally

YouTube Video by Ercenk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAQqxI5JFWU&list=TLPQMTUwNTIwMjBOHdFMSoZD6A&index=1

GotHub sample code by Ercenk

https://github.com/Ercenk/ContosoAMPBasic

Thanks.

Ganesh.

Get an overview of how the SaaS Fulfillment APIs work with a landing page and a webhook. The webhook receives notifications from the Azure Marketplace, and t...
Microsoft

Hi Anders - great questions.  I manage the IoT category for marketplace, and am happy to help provide some guidance.  Shoot me a mail at jeff.cornwell@microsoft.com to continue the conversation.  Thanks.

View solution in original post