Hero Banner

Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace

Learn how to grow your business by publishing your cloud solution on Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace

Highlighted
Visitor 1

Azure marketplace offering and integration

Hi,

New to the Azure Marketplace,
I have been looking at the guides for ARM templates and SaaS fulfillment APIs (version 2), but I am still struggling to understand how we could offer our services via Azure Marketplace.
Could be that I have missed something fundamental.

First, what I am trying to achieve?
We typically integrate with Azure services ex. Azure IoT Hub.
Allowing customers to setup their own Azure IoT Hub and then allow us to integrate with it.

For this to work we need the IoT Hub to be setup with a specific config and we need to know the IoT Hub ConnectionString.
The setup is easy, and just done in the ARM Template,

but I don’t see how we can get the IoT Hub ConnectionString communicated to us during the purchase.

The ARM Template can be set to output what we need, but this information dont seem to be communicated via the SaaS fulfilment API or any other way.
I have also looked into if there are any way to navigate the customer to a specific website after the purchase, but I cant find any.
The only idea I have so far is to use the email sent via SaaS fulfilment API, and email the customer back with future instructions.

Are there anyone else out-there that has similar offering where you as a publisher need information from the Azure Resource (created by the customer) sent to you to be able to complete/provide the offering?

Cheers

-Anders

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft

Re: Azure marketplace offering and integration

Hi Anders - great questions.  I manage the IoT category for marketplace, and am happy to help provide some guidance.  Shoot me a mail at jeff.cornwell@microsoft.com to continue the conversation.  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft

Re: Azure marketplace offering and integration

Hi Anders - great questions.  I manage the IoT category for marketplace, and am happy to help provide some guidance.  Shoot me a mail at jeff.cornwell@microsoft.com to continue the conversation.  Thanks.