Rules & Regulations / Part 1 - POTYA
PLEASE NOTE: It is your sole responsibility to review and understand your employer’s policies regarding your eligibility to participate in trade promotions. If you are participating in violation of your employer’s policies, you may be disqualified from entering or receiving awards. Microsoft disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for disputes arising between an employee and their employer related to this matter, and awards will only be awarded in compliance with the employer’s policies.
GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES: Microsoft is committed to complying with government gift and ethics rules and therefore government employees are not eligible without advance approval from Microsoft. Microsoft will consider entries from government and state-owned entities enrolled in the Microsoft Partner Network on a case-by-case basis, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Contest is hosted in the United States, and entry information is collected on computers in the United States. This Contest will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Contest.
If you do not agree with this provision and these official rules, please do not enter this contest.
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how the 2021 Microsoft Partner Network Partner of the Year Awards program contest promotion will operate (“Contest”).
In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Microsoft Corporation, the sponsor of this contest. “You” and “Company” refers to an eligible contest entrant.
This is a skill-based contest.
The object of this contest is to recognize the best solution(s). For purposes of this contest, “solution” means a product application or implementation that: (i) uses the most recent versions of Microsoft technologies; and (ii) alleviates customer pain or solves a related business problem.
Partners will be asked to describe their successful implementation of a solution for a specific customer and show how the solution added business value. For purposes of this contest, each “solution” you create will be called an “entry”. All eligible entries received will be judged using the criteria described below to determine the winners of the awards described below.
NOTE: If your customer has any proprietary rights in and to the solution you submit, as a condition of being named a winner in this contest, your customer must be willing and able to grant to you and Microsoft the right and permission to feature and otherwise describe the solution in a case study and to use the case study for promotional, editorial, demonstration or any other related purposes. If your customer is not willing to and/or is unable to grant such permission, then you should not enter the solution in this contest.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
The 2021 Microsoft Partner Network Partner of the Year Awards starts February 18, 2021 and ends at 11:59 P.M. Pacific time on April 21, 2021 (“entry period”).
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this contest if you meet the following requirements at time entry:
- You are a company actively enrolled in the Microsoft Partner Network, or as it was previously known, the Microsoft Partner Program (MSPP) with a valid ID; and gold level achieved in a cloud competency (Cloud Platform, Cloud Productivity, Enterprise Mobility Management, Cloud Business Applications, Security, Small & Mid Market Cloud Solutions) by January 2021 and/or an ISV with a co-sell ready offer Microsoft Partner Network member; and
- If you are 18 of age or older, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this contest;
- You are NOT a resident of any of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria;
- PLEASE NOTE: U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria. Therefore, residents of these countries/regions are not eligible to participate.
- You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary;
- You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this contest;
- You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, or child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this contest.
This contest is void outside the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
WHAT CONSTITUTES AN ELIGIBLE ENTRY?
To be eligible for judging an entry must meet the following content / technical requirements:
- Submit entries using the 2021 Microsoft Partner Network Partner of the Year Award submission application tool.
- Submit entries in the English language [Please note that the solution may be developed in any language but the entry itself must be submitted in the English language].
- Solution must have at least one commercial customer and the solution must have demonstrated market success/growth within 12 months.
- Solution must be developed primarily using Microsoft software and/or hardware.
While some of the contest award categories are open to all entrants without restriction, many category awards may include more strict entry requirements, including the earning of pre-requisite Microsoft competencies. Entrants can view complete awards descriptions and eligibility criteria. A small set of awards are not included in the partner nomination process. All partners that are eligible for these awards will be considered. Answers provided in the 2021 Microsoft Partner Network Partner of the Year Award submission application tool remain confidential and are not made public without the partner’s consent.
- your entry must be your own original work;
- you must have obtained any and all consents, approvals or licenses required for you to submit your entry;
- your entry must not otherwise violate the rights of any other person or company by using their trademarks, music, logos, names or images without their express written consent.
Entries may NOT contain, as determined by us, in our sole and absolute discretion, any content that:
- is sexually explicit, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic;
- promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing) or a particular political agenda;
- is obscene or offensive;
- defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate; and/or violates any law;
We reserve the right to reject any entry, in our sole and absolute discretion, that we determine does not meet the above criteria.
HOW WILL MY ENTRY BE POTENTIALLY USED?
Other than what is set forth below, we are not claiming any ownership rights to your entry. However, by submitting your entry, you:
- are granting us an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to: (i) use, review, assess, test and otherwise analyze your entry and all its content in connection with this Contest; and (ii) feature your company, employees, entry and all content in connection with marketing, sale, or promotion activities (including but not limited to internal and external sales meetings, conference presentations, tradeshows, marketing and advertising materials, and screenshots in press releases) in all media (now known or later developed)
- agree to sign any necessary documentation that may be required for us and our designees to make use of the rights you granted above;
- understand and acknowledge that Microsoft may have developed or commissioned materials similar or identical to your submission and you waive any claims you may have resulting from any similarities to your entry;
- understand that we cannot control the incoming information you will disclose to our representatives in the course of entering, or what our representatives will remember about your entry. You also understand that we will not restrict work assignments of representatives who have had access to your entry. By entering this Contest, you agree that use of information in our representatives’ unaided memories in the development or deployment of our products or services does not create liability for us under this agreement or copyright or trade secret law;
- understand that you will not receive any compensation or credit for use of your entry, other than what is described in these official rules.
- understand and acknowledge that by submitting a nomination for the Microsoft Partner of the Year Awards program, this nomination may also be eligible for other awards facilitated by local country or region Microsoft programs. The Microsoft Partner of the Year Awards program is not affiliated with or responsible for local Microsoft country or region award programs.
Please note that following the end of this contest the details of your entry may be posted on a website for viewing by visitors to that website. We are not responsible for any unauthorized use of your entry by visitors to this website. While we reserve these rights, we are not obligated to use your entry for any purpose, even if it has been selected as a winning entry.
If you do not want to grant us these rights to your entry, please do not enter this contest.
HOW DO I ENTER?
In order to participate in this contest, you must go to the contest website at https://aka.ms/POTYA and complete and submit the online entry form, including submission of your entry, as instructed.
You may submit more than one entry in any category, and you may be chosen as a finalist and/or winner in more than one category.
We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason.
We will automatically disqualify:
- Any incomplete or illegible entry;
- Any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described above.