Daniel-MagMat
Level 1 Contributor

Who should provide Advanced Support for Partners ticket in name of a customer for Business Central?

In a CSP indirect provider (distributor) and CSP indirect reseller relationship:

Support procedures have recently changed in regards to Business Central and I got this documentation about the changes but I am facing with the question about who should buy the support policy with Microsoft and open the ticket?

New process to submit support requests for Dynamics 365 Business Central - Microsoft Dynamics 365 Blog

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/dev-itpro/administration/manage-technical-support#escalating-support-issues-to-microsoft 

Compare Microsoft Partner Support Offerings

Who should buy the Advanced Support for Partners and provide with case escalation with Microsoft?

A) CSP indirect provider (distributor)

B) CSP indirect reseller

Could you point me in the right direction to find the documentation please?

Thanks a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NickatTheta
Level 6 Contributor

If you are an Indirect Reseller, then your Indirect Provider should have the support agreement with Microsoft.

While as a Reseller you still accept the MPA, your agreement and terms for support are with the Provider, not Microsoft.

The Provider has a responsibility to provide support to you the Reseller.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
danielnogueira
Microsoft

Hi Daniel

Starting with the Advance Support for Partners (ASfP), this is a support contract that can be used by CSP Direct, CSP Indirect reseller or CSP Indirect Provider. It's not mandatory for any of the partners to buy it, unless you are an CSP Direct partner and you don't need a Premier support contract, as requirement. You can contact me if you need more info about ASfP.

Being an indirect provider means they have the infrastructure and capabilities to support indirect resellers at scale. It also means they can provide additional services to customers on behalf of their indirect resellers, such as customer support and billing. Here is some documentation to support you:

Partner with indirect resellers in CSP - Partner Center | Microsoft Docs

Supported CSP partner relationships - Partner Center | Microsoft Docs

I hope this can clarify you out.

NickatTheta
Level 6 Contributor

If you are an Indirect Reseller, then your Indirect Provider should have the support agreement with Microsoft.

While as a Reseller you still accept the MPA, your agreement and terms for support are with the Provider, not Microsoft.

The Provider has a responsibility to provide support to you the Reseller.

View solution in original post