Hero Banner

ISV Inspiration

Explore the latest ISV's solutions.

Aogorman

ISV SPOTLIGHT SERIES: Dieter De Cock discusses Business Applications

We are conducting a series of interviews with the goal of humanizing technology and showcasing to ISVs the major possibilities and opportunities Microsoft Technology has to offer them. 

Continuing with our series of interviews with the champs in our sub, today we will speak to Dieter De Cock, a Cloud Solutions Architect in Belgium. 

Aogorman_0-1632233584120.png

Who are you and what is your role in Microsoft?

My name is Dieter De Cock and I am a Cloud Solutions Architect within the GPS team in Belgium. My role primarily focuses on Business Applications so I work mainly with Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform. 

What exactly are these technologies and what do they do? 

I’ll start with the Power Platform, which is our low code development platform - which helps our customers to quickly and easily build their applications with a rich set of tools. This can include applications such as mobile applications, portals, business critical applications, etc.  You can also automate your processes, with Power Automate, to help you with all those repetitive tasks. 

Then we have chatbots, which are created with Power Virtual Agent. For all these tools you do not need any coding skills, you do not have to be a developer, you just need some experience with Excel and PowerPoint and with these skills you will be able to create your first applications, automations and chatbots on Power Platform.  

Dynamics 365 is kind of the IP that Microsoft has built on top of the Power Platform. There are many different apps in Dynamics 365. Where each of these apps solves specific business use cases. For example, with Dynamics 365 for Sales we have an application for end-to-end opportunity management, from quote to order. We have different front office applications such as Customer Service and Field Service, but we also cover the back office with for example applications like Supply Chain Management and Finance. This is available for small to very large customers.  

Why should Partners and/or ISVs invest in these Cloud Technologies? 

In my role I focus on both services Partners and ISVs. For the Dynamics Partners the benefits include the services that they can develop on top of Dynamics 365, like customizing the apps to the specific business needs of their customers.  

For ISVs, the benefit would be to use the rich Dynamics 365 applications and connect their IP into our applications or use for example their industry knowledge and extend the existing apps or even use the platform to build new apps from scratch. Ultimately, for both services Partners and ISVs, our solutions can save their customers both a lot of time and money.  

Do you have any examples of a customer success story using one of these Cloud Solutions? 

Yes - please see the video here! 

How exactly can Microsoft help? 

Check out our ISV connect program for Dynamics and PowerApps Business Applications for ISVs 

Whether you’re a software or app builder, SaaS company or ISV, as a Microsoft Technology Partner you can develop your business, improve profitability and accelerate sales. The Microsoft ISV Partner Path is a simple 6 step journey for technology partners to accelerate the partnership with Microsoft and promote your solutions to customers via our co-sell program.   

We offer you a variety of programs to accelerate our partnership and to make it easier for you we have listed some of the best links and programs here aka.ms/ISVprograms 

There are also monthly calls for new ISVs to come to ask their questions to our local team. We cover topics such as the marketplace, the co-selling opportunities. This is also the force of Microsoft Belux: we have a local team with a global GTM and resource reach.   

If you would like to discuss growing with Microsoft further, please email the Belgium PDM Manager kenny.vanbeeck@microsoft.com   

0 REPLIES 0