Why buy Microsoft 365 Business if I just need Office 365 ?
Microsoft 365 Business is a whole lot more than Office 365. It is an integrated solution, bringing together:
- best-in-class productivity of Office 365 Business Premium, with
- advanced security, and
- device management capabilities
…to help you safeguard their business from threats
For some customers, the differences between Office, Office 365, and Microsoft 365 are a point of confusion.
Many people incorrectly assume Office 365 is simply a version of Office accessed by a web browser. As you know, this isn’t true. And Microsoft 365 is also being dubbed a rename or rebrand of Office 365, which is also not true.
Not knowing what comes with Office 365 is the main reason why customers even pause at considering Microsoft cloud solutions. The good news is that we can easily turn this into an opportunity to educate the customer on the full value of Office 365 and broader cloud offerings like Microsoft 365.
Microsoft has become one of the largest security providers in the world over the past few years and invests more than $1 billion per year in security research and development. Our security value is defined by four pillars:
- Threat intelligence: The world’s largest set of threat-related optics
- AI-powered: Advanced data science turns signals into actionable intelligence with the Security Graph
- Team of experts: Global cybersecurity force working to combats attacks
- Enterprise-grade: Powered by the same technology built for the world’s largest businesses
Unless you’ve been closely following along the past few years, you probably aren’t aware of the investment Microsoft has been making in security technology, operations, and research. The result of several years of investment is a worldwide threat intelligence network, powered by human security specialists and assisted by AI and machine learning. Additionally, years of investment in enterprise products like Azure AD and Intune have made Microsoft a leader in security, identity and management.
Take your time and educate your customer on the differences between the offerings, it’s well worth the conversation!