Do you have challenges with the new Microsoft Cloud Partner Program?
Hello Microsoft Partners,
THIS IS THE POST WHERE WE COLLECT ALL YOUR QUESTIONS REGARDS THE MCPP
First of all thanks for attending on March 31st!
We opened the discussion around the new Microsoft Cloud Partner Program = MCPP and I perceived several frustrations regarding the news. Therefore we decided to focus next week together with Microsoft Corp on how we in Denmark see the challenges with the new program.
Before we meet please look at these resources:
Microsoft Cloud Partner Program video: https://vimeo.com/688601796
Microsoft partner blog announcing the changes: https://blogs.partner.microsoft.com/mpn/
Information on solutions partner: https://partner.microsoft.com/membership/solutions-partner
Important! Please address your challenges, questions, and issues around MCPP in this post. If you want to be anonymous send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enclosed is the presentation from Google and the new IAMCP communication platform we showed in March as well.
I hope we all will get more knowledge together so we easier can adapt to MCPP!
President - IAMCP Denmark and Iceland
Der er ingen ændringer til Action Pack ordningen. Du kan forny dit medlemskab som tidligere og læse mere på følgende link:
Der er ikke en parring 1-1 fra Sølv partner status til Partner solutions level. Du må sørge for at logge på dit Partner Center medlemsskab og vælge den kategori du mener passer bedst til din forretning og se på kravenene inden for Performance, Skills og Customer Success.
Der er forskellige krav så skal opfyldes for at opnå de 70 point. som er nødvendlig.
Jeg kunne godt tænke mig at vide hvilken størrelse virksomhed, som det nye partnerprogram er designet til.
I forventning om at det er designet til større virksomheder, for primært at kunne understøtte Microsofts store Enterprisekunder, så er det interessant at vide om Microsoft vil gøre noget for sine mindre partnere.
Jeg kunne godt tænke mig at få svar på følgnede: (forsætter på engelsk således at det kan bruges globalt)
iGlobe - will fit into the solution category of Modern Work. A bit background to put this in the proper context.
iGlobe is a Microsoft ISV that deliver several transactable Apps, Teams, Outlook, SharePoint and services through AppSource and Commercial Marketplace. We have been in the marketplace for several years and have a regular monthly payment. Using the marketplace rewards we have several customer case stories on Microsoft web site. All our Apps are Microsoft 365 App Certified. Today iGlobe is Microsoft Gold partner.
Looking at the new MODERN WORK program I see challenges for ISV partners and several qualification criteria are missing. Finally there are also errors, as I see it.
- There should be a sections for ISV's with qualifying point for
- Apps in AppSource
- Transactable Apps in Commercial Marketplace
- Point for sales in $ or seats - the same as for marketplace reward
- Microsoft 365 App Certification should give additional points for advanced accomplishment
- Why are current performance not seen? what is the difference between the current and the new. In my current certification I have the following that I can't see in the new membership of Modern Work.
Summary of your company’s performance in previous 12 months
- I currently have the following, workload - Microsoft Office 365 - Microsoft Office 365 active usage - 11981 - why can't I see this under Customer success
- Relevant net new customers acquired - 16 However I can't see any of them under - Net Customer Adds
- Please explain the requirement's for Customer Success. I have several approved Customer Associations with approved Proof of execution and approved workloads. Why can't I see them?
- A problem under Customer Success is also that ISV's are not selling nor deploying M365, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams etc. When we meet the customer a partner has already done that. Solutions from ISV's on the other hand are Apps that drive consumption and adoption. The Apps gives stickiness, making sure the customer will not move to Google!! Customer success criteria for ISV's are completely wronged measured.
Thanks for your summary of challenges at your company Alon. Some of the points are still not showing correctly as I see it but it should be in place before the 3rd of October. The best you can do at the moment for this is to wait for the transitions will get in place for your company.
Your ISV concerns are a really good point as we need to find out how it works in condition to existing ISV partner programs and e.g. the Starbuster program. The 2 programs mentioned are not included in the new MCPP as I see it. Please take this with you when we meet at Microsoft in June.
The Customer Success requirements would be great with some examples from Microsoft on this and in general we all need some best practices. I will try to take this one up for June as well.