mdjakes
Level 2 Contributor

Windows 11 complaint!!!!!!

Microsoft ended early life for good PC's with Windows 11 without giving notice of the change or warning. Microsoft should have gave early warnings Windows 11. Should have gave a warning but allowed Windows 11 would be installed and supported. The Microsoft's next system will not allow it. I have a 3 year old Alienware Laptop which cost me over 2 GRAND to by it. The INTEL 7700 processor does not meet "Microsoft Specs". this is stupidily in action by MICROSOFT. Security is everyone's concern. Should have been put in action with Windows 10. Microsoft will having a class action lawsuit that will be coming.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Windowsuser
Level 2 Contributor

There is really no excuse to do this. There is no good reason to obsolete millions of newer computers just to install another operating system.  What a huge disappointment!!!

View solution in original post

JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

See here for info on why the requirements have been set up this way: Update on Windows 11 minimum system requirements | Windows Insider Blog

And here for the latest update on this from the Windows team; Update on Windows 11 minimum system requirements and the PC Health Check app | Windows Insider Blog

Windows 10 is supported until 2025 at least, so computer using older hardware are far from being obsolete. Also note that this is a community focused on Microsoft Partners and thereby more business-related questions. If you want to discuss topics for you as an end user @Windowsuser , I think the Microsoft communities for Windows 11 are better for this purpose: Windows 11 - Microsoft Tech Community

Kind regards, Janosch
Receive consultations via Technical Presales and Deployment Services team

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
MicroSessPool
Level 2 Contributor

My computer is FAR from obsolete. Sure, it has a couple GTX 1070's set up as SLI, and 32 gb of RAM, and a MSI Gaming Edge A/C, and an Intel I9-9900k, But I have NO interest, WHATSOEVER, in Windows 11. My computer can upgrade to 11, sure, but guess what. I'm forcing it to stay with Windows 10 Pro, because of a couple settings in my BIOS. Now, if Windows 10 hacks my BIOS and flicks those settings to ON, boy you're in for a treat. Or if you come out with any upgrades that override TPM. I'm gonna be ANGRY. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

angry1313
Level 1 Contributor

it completely killed my hp omen desktop to the point c drive needed repair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant even game on gaming desktop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

davidlsv
Visitor 1

Windows 11 has successfully turned my gaming laptop into a rubbish that couldn't play any game. I doubt if the OS was tested before released. Other companies are creating better and more convenient OS, but Microsoft is otherwise. I seriously doubt if they purposely pushed the rubbish Windows to boost their sales when people trying to reset back to Windows 10 by buying their products.

MicroSessPool
Level 2 Contributor

Windows 11 deserves to be destroyed. Yet again, Microsoft is ramming another Operating System up our computers' asses, and along the way, something WILL break. My computer has been crashing because of it, and freezing and locking up. They need to STOP with this crap. If Windows 10 is supported until 2025, WHY the crap are they trying to force Win11 on us so soon?! GET A GRIP, MICROSOFT! I'm getting pissed. If there's a class action lawsuit about this, I WILL BE THERE TO COLLECT MY MONEY. When they forced Windows 7 onto Windows 10, I kept getting error messages on a PC I had BEFORE my last PC. So, I finally gave in and decided to just update the stupid thing, then I read the motherboard box (I built the computer myself), box said "Windows 7 compatible ". When it finally upgraded to 10, guess what. The onboard sound adapter was busted. My older brother laughed in my face about it. I had to buy a sound card for the computer. Christ, Then windows 10 ran into problems with booting up into a loop over and over and over and over and over and never made it to windows. I fixed that problem with the command prompt using the windows 10 setup flash drive I downloaded from Microsoft I think, I got that from another computer. ANYWAY, I finally used my windows 7 disc to reinstall fresh windows 7 back onto it, got the drivers for everything, kept all my music on it, ran the sfc /scannow to repair any corrupt or bugged files, and unplugged the computer from the internet. I waited for my sister's family to come visit us, and I gave the PC to my nephew because they live in Arkansas and don't have any internet. NO WINDOWS UPDATES.

https://youtu.be/iiVYRt29ang

Didierfaugere
Visitor 1

It won’t be a very constructive discussion here! Downloaded this on a bit powerful machine! Cpu ryzen5 3600 32gb ram Corsair c16, rtx 2060. Cleaned the windows login apps, any unwanted softwares and adding and plugins, did troubleshoot by windows settings to solve issues! Tried to use it during 3 weeks! A simple app needs 10 minutes to open ! Lots of bugs,graphics , features and performances ! I think you all ready heard about this mess! Let’s face it , it’s a Beta version! 10 years between windows 10 and 11! Hundreds of developers! And then this? Ok you want to look like the macOS but please…. Do something usable! 

ura_2000
Visitor 1

I just want to vent out. Windows 11 is so s*itty with this stupid Apple look a like design, i just want to trow my laptop out the window. If i wanted a MacBook i would´ve bought me a MacBook!!! Why do you need to change it? I loved how Windows 10 Design was, i never heard someone complain about it. Change the settings, change the security issueses but for God´s sake let the design be!

msaleh68
Visitor 1

I use two displays and it was always very convenient to see the clock in the taskbar at the far bottom right of my second display. Ever since I downloaded Windows 11, which a great and efficient experience, I lost this clock. I tried to download other clocks from the internet but it is never the same. 
Is there any chance to put this clock back in the taskbar of the second display?

JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

@msaleh68 , @dclover1 @Jon12345 @Hasher  and everybody else here.

I might repeat myself, but this forum is not suitable for reporting those specific problems or requesting new features. If you have some specific concern on how you can/should sell Windows 11 to your Customers as Microsoft Partner this community might be the right place, for what you reported here the following respources are relevant:

You can use the Feedback Hub app to give feedback, request new features and also report problems you face: Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback

Hub app. (Article says Windows 10, but works the same way for Windows 11)

For a technical discussion and for getting help from community experts: Windows 11 - Microsoft Tech Community

For getting support, go to https://support.microsoft.com 

Kind regards, Janosch
TheeDekay
Visitor 1

I switched over to windows 11 and my USB ports stopped working, so I switched back and now my computer won't even turn on.

Jon12345
Visitor 1

Please stop changing the start menu and task bar when you update windows. All it does is annoy your users for the sake of changing something that is broken, works fine, is fit for its purpose and adds no value to your platform .

best regards

hacked off user

dclover1
Level 2 Contributor

mysteriously and unannouced, Windows 11 chooses to remove a popular feature within 'Photos' editor called 'spot fix'.. the last unknown unannouced feature lost that will make me throw away All my Microsoft related products away, never use again and certainly never recommend... the company has gone to the garbage

Hasher
Visitor 1

my search engine throughout the os is unresponsive, it was fine when i first upgrded but now nothing works, i cant look for specific files, cant search any document nothing, my quick menu also doesnt open, would like sum help plz.

Janardan
Level 1 Contributor

Dear @Microsoft
My battry got worst after installing @Windows 11.
Earlier there was a full backup of 4Hrs.
But now only 2Hrs.
Also if my battry is less than 50%
And if put it on sleep mode and it doesn't wakeup after half an Hr of sleep untill  I connect power. But then it shows 0% battery. 

jejacob1
Level 2 Contributor

If anyone is experiencing the same issue (I have an I7-7700 as well), please contact jim.jacobson@live.com as I intend to move forward.  I need at least one other victim to form a class, etc

EDGIRLING
Level 2 Contributor

Sent from Mail for Windows
I have a xps computer desk top 6 years old and I cant get windows 11 what do I have to do to get windows 11 need your help.
Windowsuser
Level 2 Contributor

Microsoft is singlehandedly obsolating millions of computers over this latest windows release. It's ridiculous!
They state they will support windows 10 till 2025. I guess that is their idea of making everyone feel better over their decision to force everyone to buy new computers if you want windows 11.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
Get Outlook for Android
JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

See here for info on why the requirements have been set up this way: Update on Windows 11 minimum system requirements | Windows Insider Blog

And here for the latest update on this from the Windows team; Update on Windows 11 minimum system requirements and the PC Health Check app | Windows Insider Blog

Windows 10 is supported until 2025 at least, so computer using older hardware are far from being obsolete. Also note that this is a community focused on Microsoft Partners and thereby more business-related questions. If you want to discuss topics for you as an end user @Windowsuser , I think the Microsoft communities for Windows 11 are better for this purpose: Windows 11 - Microsoft Tech Community

Kind regards, Janosch
Windowsuser
Level 2 Contributor

There is really no excuse to do this. There is no good reason to obsolete millions of newer computers just to install another operating system.  What a huge disappointment!!!

jejacob1
Level 2 Contributor

Hello everybody:

I know some of you replied to some of my earlier responses, and I've tried to respond individually, but in the event, you are an individual who thinks Microsoft's action of only supporting Win 11 on newer machines is stupid, then I invite anyone to contact me at jim.jacobson@live.com.  Just send me a note as to your availability because I would like to have a conversation with each of you, individually.

I have spent the past month or so interviewing a few of the right people, but this is the kind of thing where we have a much higher chance of achieving a result if we work collectively.

I am proceeding along a course of action, and there is plenty of room in this boat for everyone.  I do expect to file something within the week,  so, hit me up.

Mohneesh20
Visitor 1

My laptop is not charging even after showing plugged in after updating to windows 11.