W10 net view system error 64
I'm having issues with a Surface Pro running Windows 10.
I'm trying to configure a scanner to access a share on the computer via SMB.
After no success I then tried connecting to the same share via a Windows XP computer as I believe the XP computer is likely to emulate the scanner.
I can ping the W10 computer by IP address
Both net view and net use fail by IP address with system error 64
I have checked the following:
- that the wireless network is classified as private
- that network discovery and sharing is allowed for private networks
- I have disabled the Windows firewall for private networks
- net view does work on the computer itself (e.g. net view \\127.0.0.1)
- I have enabled SMB 1.x (both client and server on the W10 computer)
Appreciate suggestions on other things to try