MGRAJ
Level 2 Contributor

Visual Studio ENT - Additional Benefits (Office for production use).

Hello,
I am looking for information regarding the additional benefits of a Visual Studio Enterprise subscription obtained from MPN [competency benefit].
The Visual Studio Licensing Whitepaper document states that the VS ENT subscribers may use 1 copy of Office 2019 Professional Plus for production (non-development) use.

- What about Office 2021? (available for download from my.visualstudio.com)

The above-mentioned document was published in August 2019.
- Is there any newer version of this document that includes information about Office 2021?

2 REPLIES 2
MGRAJ
Level 2 Contributor

For those who don't like reading ‌‌;-)
- it is about this entry in the whitepaper:

MGRAJ_0-1655301244916.png
MGRAJ_1-1655301328010.png

JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

@MGRAJ Note that for Visual Studio Enterprise Subscriptions via MPN benefits different terms might apply (NFR - Not for Resales license terms) - also noted in the white paper, and here: Visual Studio subscriptions offered in the Microsoft Partner Network | Microsoft Docs

Unfortunately, I see that the NFR license terms are not available under the link mentioned, on this website or the licensing guide. 

I would recommend to contact MPN suport via Partner Center to ask for a copy of the Visual Studio NFR license terms (or give the answer directly) - as far as I can remember using Office for production was indeed *not* allowed for NFR Visual Studio in MPN benefits  - since you get Office Apps (M365 Apps) also via normal MPN benefits, but only official confirmation would be the license terms. 

Kind regards, Janosch
Receive consultations via Technical Presales and Deployment Services team