jnthyde
Level 2 Contributor

Unable to register for MPN Account - Getting 'Something went wrong'

Hey all,

Running into a seriously frustrating issue.  We're trying to register for an MPN ID, and I fill out the form here (https://partner.microsoft.com/en-us/dashboard/account/v3/enrollment/introduction/partnership).

All goes smoothly until at the end it asks to verify the phone number, so I select 'Call Me' and submit.  After doing so I get 'Something went wrong. Please try again, if the problem persists please contact Microsoft support. Correlation ID: 9506d3d9-25d0-41d3-8840-9f311b5a2fc0'

The support link just takes me to a blank page with an eternally-spinning blue circle.

I did find an article saying it might be because of dashes in the number so I've tried it without, and it's only ten digits.  I've tried with every web browser possible including IE (just in case) on three different computers.   I also tried it using my cellphone and text verification but it just does the same thing.

I know this is just a volunteer forum, but is anyone maybe running into the same issue or have any idea how we can get around this?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jnthyde
Level 2 Contributor

Just tried it again for the nth time, using my cellphone again instead of our business phone, and it worked (also being sure to remove any dashes in the number).  Not sure if there's a way to mark this as solved, but we're good for now!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jnthyde
Level 2 Contributor

Just tried it again for the nth time, using my cellphone again instead of our business phone, and it worked (also being sure to remove any dashes in the number).  Not sure if there's a way to mark this as solved, but we're good for now!

fionafoust
Visitor 1

I would like to find out too – following.

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@fionafoust Hello! What can I help you find out? Do you have a support ticket number I can check status on for you? 

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

This is great to hear! Thank you for letting us know.