Feedback & Support Discussions

Don't see your topic? Start a Topic
Level 1 Contributor

Unable to login

Hi 

I was a verfy early subscriber to https://www.microsoftpartnercommunity.com and signed in with my Microsoft (live) account and username julians.

I have changed the email address on my Microsoft account and now I was prompted to re-register and have lost all my subscripts and and receiign email digests that I cannot amend

Please can I have access to my old account

Julian

Level 1 Contributor

Re: Unable to login

Microsoft

Hi @juliansharp! I will look into helping you recover your account, and will follow up with you shortly. 

Microsoft

Hi @juliansharp! Did you try to reset your password?

Level 1 Contributor

Hi

It is not a password issue.

I changed the email address asscoiated with my Microsoft account

When I login to this site I am prompted to create a new profile

I have now logged in with my Work/School account and have created a new profile

I now cannot amend the email subscriptions I signed up for on the old profile

Level 1 Contributor

When I login to this site with my Microsoft Account I am prompted to create a new profile

If I try to set username as julians it says it is already taken

Basically I have a user, julians, which I cannot access and for which I need to change the email digest subscriptions and also9 have access to the groups I joined

Level 1 Contributor

Still having this issue

Microsoft

Hi @juliansharp! I will expand this issue out to a few new people to see if we can get it fixed. I will follow up shortly. 

Microsoft

Hi @juliansharp! You have two accounts (as you've figured out) and only access to one via the SSO implementation. Which account would you like to keep (only one)? If you want your old account, we can turn off your new one and reporvision access to the original one. If you want your new account, we can close your old one and update your groups from the old accounts. 

This was a result of the GDPR compliance efforts on our side, not a bug in the system. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Please let us know how you want to proceed, and we'll make that happen.

Level 1 Contributor

Thanks

Can you delete the old one - I am getting email digests which I cannot turn off 

Thanks

Julian

Microsoft

Hi @juliansharp! We will right the situation with your account per your request, and notify you when the change has been made. 

Microsoft

It has been done! Let us know if we can help in any other way.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi TJ,

I have the same issue since we changed my email for the old Live account. My old profile is https://www.microsoftpartnercommunity.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/59 which is the one I want to keep and use. Would you be able to assist with reinstating that?

Thanks,

Zaun Bhana