Hero Banner

Feedback & Support Discussions

Provide feedback on your partner experience.

Highlighted
Level 1 Contributor

Unable to add the Developer Program to a Microsoft Partner account

I found a couple of publicly asked questions about the same issue, but none was resolved.

We have a Microsoft Partner account; it already has the Hardware Program and CSP Program added. Now we need to add the Developer Program so we can publish our applications at the Windows Store.

However, when I try to add the Windows & XBox Developer program, I receive this error:

Sign in with another account
You are signed in as xxx@xxx.onmicrosoft.com which is not associated with a Partner Center account. If you believe this is an error, try deleting your browser cookies and then do one of the following:

- Sign in with an Azure AD user account that is already associated with a Partner Center account
- Sign in with a Microsoft account that is already associated with a Partner Center account
- Sign in with a Microsoft account that you’d like to register for a new Partner Center account

Tried this from different machines and different browsers -- the same result, so it's not about browser cookies/cache. And this account is already associated with the Partner Center (and we already have two partner programs added).

So, how do I add the Developer Program?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Unable to add the Developer Program to a Microsoft Partner account

Hello @vovkos ,

Thank you for your query! 

I restored your post, perhaps due to the attached error image the system might have seen it as spam.

Regarding your question, I am wondering if you went through these resources?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/store/open-a-developer-account

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/store/manage-account-settings-and-profile

Thank you,

Andra

Highlighted
Level 1 Contributor

Hello Andra,

Thank you for promptly restoring the question.

Yes, I did read those resources. I was following the steps in the first article, but I can't complete the enrollment because the Partner Center asks me to log in with another account (see the original post).

Once again,

1. We do have a Partner Account (with two partner programs already added);

2. I can successfully log in to this account and proceed to the dashboard;

3. When I click "Add a new program" and select "Windows & Xbox Developer" I am asked to log in with another account.

What should I do now? How do I add the Developer program to our account?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @vovkos ,

thanks, I also read the documentation and my understanding is you need to create a separate account: 

Create an account using an existing Partner Center enrollment

If you already have an enrollment in Partner Center, to create your account:

• Sign in to Partner Center using your existing credentials.
  • Click the gear icon, and then choose Developer settings > Programs.
  • On the Your Programs page, in the Office Store tile, choose Get Started.
  • Complete the details on the publisher profile page.
  • Read the terms and conditions in the Microsoft Office Store Agreement, and then select Accept and continue to complete your enrollment.

If this does not help, I suggest you reach out to support, by  submitting a case via our online submission process.

Andra