pennyglover
Level 4 Contributor

Sandbox Environments attached to an old Subscription

We need to move our existing customer's subscription to NCE. The problem is that they are on an old subscription D365 Unified Operations and they have several Sandbox Tier 2 and Premier environments attached to their "old" subscription. So I won't be able to "Migrate" them over to NCE as it is not eligible. We will need to buy brand new subscriptions and Sandbox Environments in NCE and suspend the old ones in the Legacy platform. What happens to their existing sandbox environments once it gets suspended? Do they lose their data/history? Will they need to start all over with their new sandbox environments? 

Please advise.

Thanks,

Penny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yujiim
Microsoft

They can export database from old sandbox and import it to new sandbox.
Then apply the same custom package and sevice update to new sandbox.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@pennyglover It has been recommended to be by an internal source that you contact Support for this instance and I'm also tagging @JanoschUlmer just in case he has a solution as well. He is an NCE rockstar!! 🌟

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@pennyglover I don't have any answers for you, but I'm tagging @yujiim just in case they would know someone that could answer your question or resources where you could find answers. @yujiim I don't know if this is within your wheelhouse or not, but I appreciate any guidance you can provide. THANK YOU! 🌻

yujiim
Microsoft

They can export database from old sandbox and import it to new sandbox.
Then apply the same custom package and sevice update to new sandbox.

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your response. Much appreciated @yujiim 🙂

BlakeCheek
Level 6 Contributor

@pennyglover I definitely recommend reposting this in the Biz Apps section of the forums: Business Applications - Microsoft Partner Community, however, I'll still give my $0.02.

It has been my experience that there's little risk as long as the products are identical.  While D365 UO is definitely older, the D365 Sandbox SKUs are definitely still around.  I think the primary concern will be making sure everything stays in tact when moving from UO to F&O and if everything moves over smoothly there, I'd wager that your Sandboxes will as well.  The less that changes/disrupts LCS, the better the odds are your sandboxes are unharmed so long as you repurchase them in NCE at the time you purchase your new F&O products.

But again, there are probably some users with stronger F&O skills than me in the Biz Apps forum who can answer with more certainty.

luiseconger
Visitor 1

Thanks for trying to help!