Tamaki
Microsoft

SKU of D365 Additional Database

Hi, I am Tamaki, PDM in Japan.

A partner asked about "Dynamics 365 Operations - Additional Database Capacity". Although I sent a support request to LicenseQ, but the question is not covered by LQ.

[Question]

The partner has a customer who is looking to add capacity to Dynamics365 Additional Database. The cusotmer have requested a quote for an additional 5GB, can you please let us know which SKU are eligible for this additional 5GB?

The first SKU on this screenshot below is the SKU the customer currently use.

Tamaki_0-1654654671031.jpeg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
BlakeCheek
Level 6 Contributor

@Tamaki have you tried posting in the appropriate forum? I see it has been weeks here and I'm hoping your concern has already been addressed.  If not, it would have been addressed a lot faster here: Pricing, Licensing & Incentives - Microsoft Partner Community  I'm not sure if @RachelP can move the post or not.

From my experience, the SKU you have highlighted is for D365 Enterprise Edition but your partner asked about Operations - Database Capacity.  Enterprise Edition Add Date Storage is a legacy storage SKU.

What D365 products are the customer using now?  Are they using Finance and Operations modules?  If they're using CRM, have you looked into Power Platform Admin to see how their storage capacity looks?

The first step is to make sure you understand what storage they actually need and then we can find the right SKU to fulfill that need.

View solution in original post

RachelP

@BlakeCheek Unfortunately I cannot move the post...Tamaki will have to move it if she opts to follow your recommendation, however I definitely agree that the post needs to be moved to get response.

@Tamaki would you mind moving this post so that either myself or others can assist? In the meantime, please also provide a clearer/larger snapshot as I cannot read the snapshot above.

Regards, 

Licensing Concierge

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RachelP

@Tamaki Thanks for the update. Going forward, the correct link to post (as listed in BlakeCheek's reply above) is Pricing, Licensing & Incentives - Microsoft Partner Community

Regards, 

Licensing Concierge

BlakeCheek
Level 6 Contributor

@Tamaki have you tried posting in the appropriate forum? I see it has been weeks here and I'm hoping your concern has already been addressed.  If not, it would have been addressed a lot faster here: Pricing, Licensing & Incentives - Microsoft Partner Community  I'm not sure if @RachelP can move the post or not.

From my experience, the SKU you have highlighted is for D365 Enterprise Edition but your partner asked about Operations - Database Capacity.  Enterprise Edition Add Date Storage is a legacy storage SKU.

What D365 products are the customer using now?  Are they using Finance and Operations modules?  If they're using CRM, have you looked into Power Platform Admin to see how their storage capacity looks?

The first step is to make sure you understand what storage they actually need and then we can find the right SKU to fulfill that need.

RachelP

@BlakeCheek Unfortunately I cannot move the post...Tamaki will have to move it if she opts to follow your recommendation, however I definitely agree that the post needs to be moved to get response.

@Tamaki would you mind moving this post so that either myself or others can assist? In the meantime, please also provide a clearer/larger snapshot as I cannot read the snapshot above.

Regards, 

Licensing Concierge

Tamaki
Microsoft

Hi @BlakeCheek  and @RachelP 

Thank you for your response!  Actually, my colleague in Japan introduced me this Partner Community site and I was not familiar with it. So, I didn't know there are such a forum @BlakeCheek told me. I appreciate that you pointed me to the approproate place to ask the question.
As you say, Enterprise Edition Add Date Strage seems legacy SKU. So, first of all, I told this fact to the partner and ask them again to confirm what D365 products are the customer using now and what strage they actually need. Thank you for your advice.

Althoug I didn't receive their reply yet, based on their answer I will find approproate SKU from a currect price list and get related information from Pricing, Licensing & Incentives - Microsoft Partner Community
Therefore, we would like to close this Post once. Thank you so much!