Hero Banner

Feedback & Support Discussions

Provide feedback on your partner experience.

Level 3 Contributor

Re: Ask Me Anything: Partner Transformation Readiness Assessment/PTI

Question 1... Co-Sell Marketing and Marketing in general within the IT industry...

What percentage of their annual running cost budget - should an IT business allow for Marketing ?   (if they have a budget at all )

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Level 3 Contributor

Question 2... Where should a marketing budget be spent... Consultancy Firms, Industry Journals, Social Media !!!

View solution in original post

Level 3 Contributor

Question 3... I am semi-retired, but I am working hard on an Infrastucture/Architecture solution - using Microsoft products to enable many of the young IT people here in a small community to realise that FaceBook does not have all the answers !   Seriously though, they need jobs and most importantly direction, to realise that the latest offerings from Microsoft are truly amazing and need to be learnt... my offering is to enable them to experience these offerings without having to become a Partner etc... a sort of Cloud school !  ( which Microsoft already provide, but as I said they need direction...)

So my question is...can I "Co-Sell" the idea to fellow partners,  and they in return may be able to offer work... and the "Kids" can all work remotely/online... and it will keep them off "FaceBook" !!!

Community Manager

Hi @Riccardo ,

Thank you again for your questions!

Just to clarify, please: you are trying to get more information on how to become a Microsoft partner or simply ways of supporting from a marketing perspective a start-up in IT?
For information on opportunities for  Microsoft Start-ups you can review this community:Microsoft for Startups

Also if is the latter scenario then bear in mind the information you will find here is very well targeted and may not apply to your case. 

Given you recently joined the Community, I invite you to read more about our best-practices: https://www.microsoftpartnercommunity.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGuidelines

This community is addressing to existing or aspiring Microsoft Partners to engage with each other and Microsoft Subject Matter Experts (SME) to grow their business. It is a central destination for thought leadership on business best practices, Partner news, education, events, and new business opportunities.

To address your questions:

Q1+Q2: the questions are indeed broad and somewhat out of scope of this community, however it really depends on the customers you target - broad consumers or niche.., what are your goals with that company? I think that is the starting point to decide the role played by marketing.

Q3: Co-Sell with is actually a motion in place for Microsoft Partners who are already enrolled in the Microsoft Partner Network, have customers and most of all have products built on Microsoft technology, ready to be used by customers, that will need to be validated and published on the Commercial Marketplace.

Adding some links to better understand the Co-Sell motion from Microsoft standpoint. There are requirements and processes in place for an organization to become co-sell ready with Microsoft.

Access this page to learn more about Co-Sell: https://partner.microsoft.com/en-US/membership/co-sell-with-microsoft

Review these recordings on Co-Sell: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTCw_rNT6EAyBnFu-QyYivay5APJEJuJm

So while you can`t co-sell an idea, you can of course be an advocate and share there is opportunity with becoming a Microsoft Partner.

I hope this clarifies,

Andra

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Hi @Riccardo ,

Thank you again for your questions!

Just to clarify, please: you are trying to get more information on how to become a Microsoft partner or simply ways of supporting from a marketing perspective a start-up in IT?
For information on opportunities for  Microsoft Start-ups you can review this community:Microsoft for Startups

Also if is the latter scenario then bear in mind the information you will find here is very well targeted and may not apply to your case. 

Given you recently joined the Community, I invite you to read more about our best-practices: https://www.microsoftpartnercommunity.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGuidelines

This community is addressing to existing or aspiring Microsoft Partners to engage with each other and Microsoft Subject Matter Experts (SME) to grow their business. It is a central destination for thought leadership on business best practices, Partner news, education, events, and new business opportunities.

To address your questions:

Q1+Q2: the questions are indeed broad and somewhat out of scope of this community, however it really depends on the customers you target - broad consumers or niche.., what are your goals with that company? I think that is the starting point to decide the role played by marketing.

Q3: Co-Sell with is actually a motion in place for Microsoft Partners who are already enrolled in the Microsoft Partner Network, have customers and most of all have products built on Microsoft technology, ready to be used by customers, that will need to be validated and published on the Commercial Marketplace.

Adding some links to better understand the Co-Sell motion from Microsoft standpoint. There are requirements and processes in place for an organization to become co-sell ready with Microsoft.

Access this page to learn more about Co-Sell: https://partner.microsoft.com/en-US/membership/co-sell-with-microsoft

Review these recordings on Co-Sell: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTCw_rNT6EAyBnFu-QyYivay5APJEJuJm

So while you can`t co-sell an idea, you can of course be an advocate and share there is opportunity with becoming a Microsoft Partner.

I hope this clarifies,

Andra

Level 3 Contributor

Question 2... Where should a marketing budget be spent... Consultancy Firms, Industry Journals, Social Media !!!

Level 3 Contributor

Question 3... I am semi-retired, but I am working hard on an Infrastucture/Architecture solution - using Microsoft products to enable many of the young IT people here in a small community to realise that FaceBook does not have all the answers !   Seriously though, they need jobs and most importantly direction, to realise that the latest offerings from Microsoft are truly amazing and need to be learnt... my offering is to enable them to experience these offerings without having to become a Partner etc... a sort of Cloud school !  ( which Microsoft already provide, but as I said they need direction...)

So my question is...can I "Co-Sell" the idea to fellow partners,  and they in return may be able to offer work... and the "Kids" can all work remotely/online... and it will keep them off "FaceBook" !!!