Feedback & Support Discussions

Don't see your topic? Start a Topic
Anonymous
Not applicable

Office 365 Business Premium not in Action Pack

In the standard partner Action Pack, there is included five Office 365 E3 user licenses.

Increasingly, new features are being added to Business Premium only, such as:

• Outlook Customer Manager
  • Microsoft Connections
  • Microsoft Listings
  • Microsoft Invoicing

It seems that many new features are being targetted at Business Premium first.

As a partner who aims at small businesses, this means what is included in the Action Pack does not include features that we need to learn about (use) and demonstrate to our clients.

Are there any plans to add Business Premium licenses to the Action Pack?  If not, what is the proposed solution to this issue?

Thank you.

Influencer

Re: Office 365 Business Premium not in Action Pack

Hey there, thanks for your question & feedback.

I need to reroute this to the team that can help; as most partner teams are currently onsite at MS Inspire responses may be delayed. If you need to access Support more quickly, please do so by navigating to the Support link at the top of the page (in the main header of the site).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

You can get demos on this site: https://demos.microsoft.com/Login to learn about product features without having to purchase, but I do not know if the specific Business Premium features you reference are present as demos.

You surface a good point and one that we are working on. Though we do not have immediate plans to add Busines Premium features to Action Pack subscriptions, we are assessing alternate options through courseware or demos. I am looping with some colleagues on this topic this week and will keep this thread posted.

Thanks,

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for that.   I believed the ethos of the Action Pack was to encourage internal use by the partner, so they can truly get to know the features first hand, as well as providing tools for sales demonstration.

Office 365 is huge in small businesses now, and small business serving MS partners often use the Action Pack subscription.  But that has Office 365 Enterprise.

Enterprise MS partners are more likely to be Silver or Gold rather than Action Pack partners.

It seems somewhat incongruent to have Office 365 E plans in the Action Pack, but not [small] Business.

I do hope this will be incorporated in future and look forward to future developments!  In the meantime, I suppose the solution is to pay for a Business Premium license to add to our Action Pack subscription.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your point is certainly well taken, and in fact I had a couple discussion on this topic at Inspire as well. For now the solution you mentioned is your best bet, but as we progress futher through the fiscal year we plan to take critical looks at both the MAPs benefits package and the SMMCS (Small Mid-Market Cloud Solution) Competency wholistically. We want to ensure all our partners are equipt to sell the entire stack, and plan to do so through a combination of those two vehicles.  I really appreciate the candid feedback - it's discussion like these that help us course correct when needed. Keep it coming Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can i also add to this thread... I have the same issues... I have a MAP and have clients asking about the new products such as OCM etc but dont have any way of testing then and using them to find any pitfalls and how to not only configure then but use them as well. Demos can be usefull but its no replacement for actually using them. Our only option would be to buy a bus prem lic but this negates the benifits of MAP that we are paying for. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issues

Level 1 Contributor

Same problem here, we cannot implement new Business Premium applications within our own business to get familiar with the products and implement/support it at our SMB clients. Outlook Customer Manager specifically is one product that we were really excited about to explore within our own company through our MAP subscription.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please please please can we have this ... we cant promote new services without it.... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, thank you for the feedback. @Anonymous, do you have any updates on this topic?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem here.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, latest update on this is we do not have immediate plans to add O365 premium workloads to the MAPS package. We are implementing a number of process and tool improvements on the backend which will help with membership management and benefits usage - that is where our engineering bandwith is focused. Until those changes are made and migration to the new membership management tool (Partner Center) is complete, we are unable to implement any benefits package changes. I absolutely see the value of including O365 premium workloads and will champion that addition to MAPS once the option to update benefit packages becomes available. 

Level 1 Contributor

Interesting, just wondered how comes our licence doesn't include it. 

Doing a trial is a lot of additional time to set up a working demo to fully try, how all the programs work together, especially as they expire, and afterwards, you cant use it anymore. 

So yes, this is disappointing and well, so I won't learn about new software.