DWantedToBePart
Level 1 Contributor

Nightmare from GoDaddy to Office 365

I became a partner while I had a GoDaddy account. Once I became a partner, I let go of my GoDaddy email and decided to use Office 365 email. Bad Mistake!! My partnership got invalidated and since I am trying to get my MPN id point to my office 365 tenant and support says I will lose my partnership and money I paid for the action pack! DISAPPOINTED WITH THIS SUPPORT!!

THIS IS MY JOURNEY

- Applied to become MPN in May 2021

-Got approved in August 2021 (4 months of going back and forth - sending my business stuff multiple times)

-GoDaddy email deleted (Aug 2021)

- Asked to forgo my MPN and action pack $$ (October 2021)

This is a true nightmare!! 

3 REPLIES 3
DWantedToBePart
Level 1 Contributor

Got it @JanoschUlmer . Appreciate your reply! Wish I knew this before I deleted GoDaddy's email. Of course, I lost my action pack since its more than 30 days, now I do want to reapply however it says my company name already exists and support is asking me to change the name (like adding 1 or X to the end of the company name) is it possible? I don't want to apply for an MPN (again) on a false pretense.

JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

@DWantedToBePart : Support is correct with their guidance - when registering as Partner there is a check on the company name, and if it is an exact match to an existing MPN org you can not enroll. So if you enrolled as "Contoso Ltd", simply add a dot - like "Contoso Ltd." . The MPN org. name should still reflect the legal company name as much as possible.

Kind regards,
Janosch
Get consultations form Technical Presales & Deployment services team via https://aka.ms/technicalservices
JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

@DWantedToBePart : I'm very sorry about the experience. From the description you provided it seems you have deleted your tenant that you did use to register as Partner (since with GoDaddy deleting the email means exactly that). Since it is already October I guess that GoDaddy can no longer provide access to the old tenant? If this would still be possible, you could associate your new O365 tenant to the same MPN membership and then GoDaddy tenant could be safely removed: Add tenants to your Partner Center account - Partner Center | Microsoft Docs

If this is not possible, as per my understanding only Partner Center support could be contacted reg. a refund for the Action Pack (per my knowledge only possible to request  within a certain timeframe and if no benefits have been used), registering as Partner would indeed need to happen again.

Kind regards,
Janosch
Get consultations form Technical Presales & Deployment services team via https://aka.ms/technicalservices