rdsn
Level 1 Contributor

New Microsoft Partner Model

Hi,

We have been an MS Gold Partner for over 20 years supplying software to government organisations. The software we supply runs on all MS technology, OS, SQL, .NET etc.

The nature of the software we supply means most customers run the software on-prem or within their own cloud environments.

The new partnership model announced requires Azure purchases which is a major issue for us since we supply software to customers not OS's, SQL, Azure etc. Our customers, being government, can purchase (OS's, SQL and Azure services) directly from MS at much cheaper rates than we can supply and indeed would not purchase these services from us since they are used within their own government networked environments and tenancies.

This leaves us with no ability to renew our 20 year partnership with MS since we cannot fulfil the necessary Azure spending requirements. 

Are there any partner exemptions MS offer for the many organisations such as ours where we do not supply Azure services? 

Regards

Rohan

4 REPLIES 4
RachelP

Hi @rdsn , I see that Janosch has already answered your question (thanks @JanoschUlmer). 

For future reference, I believe this type of inquiry should be posted under the "Pricing, Licensing & Incentives" section here on the MPC forum.

Regards, 

Licensing Concierge

JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

@rdsn : While it is not required to sell Azure subscriptions to obtain a Solution designation, you would still need to associate yourself with deployments of your managed software/services running in Azure subscriptions to get a designation status. 

The new Microsoft cloud Partner program indeed is only targeted for cloud services, for running/deploying services on Azure.

You can still renew the legacy benefits you have currently, I also advise to look into joining the ISV Success Program if there is some option to sell your solutions via Marketplace: Microsoft Cloud for ISVs | Microsoft. Generally, all ISV programs and engagement will certainly have a cloud focus and not anymore for on-premises solutions.

Kind regards, Janosch
Receive consultations via Technical Presales and Deployment Services team
rdsn
Level 1 Contributor

Thanks @JanoschUlmer Our renewal is up in Jan, how would I renew the current benefits we have under the Gold Partnership as normally we cannot renew until the start of Jan? That way at least it gives us 12 months to work on the new designations.

JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

@rdsn In January you will see an option to obtain the legacy benefits based on the legacy competency status you have once more, just like it worked before when renewing membership. So, you have until Jan. 2024 to work towards the Solution Designation. 

Kind regards, Janosch
Receive consultations via Technical Presales and Deployment Services team