velimirikalovic
Level 1 Contributor

Lost access to Microsoft Partner Center account

Hi everyone

Last week I tried to change my surname form Ikalovic to Ikalović. Now I have lost all access to my Microsoft Partner Center account.

there was only one admin account for my company registered with MSN as velimir.ikalovic@pcinfo.ba

I have created ticket #2111240040004401

my MPN ID 5140839 and ADD tenant is pcinfo.ba

Is there a way to restore the access, or I need to create completely new account again?

If I create new account, what will happen with my MAPS subscritpion?

Velimir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

@velimirikalovic : You should work with support on this, they can tell if access can be restored. If you would create a new account, the MAPs subscription would still be linked to the old one and thus inaccessible.

Though I don't understand on how changing the display name this should have impact on the admin account itself.

Note also that your user account name is registered both as personal account and work account (which can be checked by everyone when attempting to log in with this user name via e.g. office.com) , for Partner Center access you should use the work account (and the associated password).

I would recommend not using the same alias for two different accounts, so it would be better to change the alias of the personal account to something which is not the same as your work account, see https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkID=733247 

Kind regards, Janosch (OutOfOffice 8/12/22-9/5/22)
Receive consultations via Technical Presales and Deployment Services team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
velimirikalovic
Level 1 Contributor

@JanoschUlmer I was using work account and associated password. I did create ticket with support. But there is no any reply for last 5 days... and I'm panicking a bit right now. I guess I just need to be patient. 

My guess is, when I changed display name, it somehow reseted the status of my account, nad removed it from organisation. And now there is no one who is the admin there.

JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

It did not remove it from the organization

JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

@velimirikalovic : You should work with support on this, they can tell if access can be restored. If you would create a new account, the MAPs subscription would still be linked to the old one and thus inaccessible.

Though I don't understand on how changing the display name this should have impact on the admin account itself.

Note also that your user account name is registered both as personal account and work account (which can be checked by everyone when attempting to log in with this user name via e.g. office.com) , for Partner Center access you should use the work account (and the associated password).

I would recommend not using the same alias for two different accounts, so it would be better to change the alias of the personal account to something which is not the same as your work account, see https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkID=733247