robertpfox
Level 2 Contributor

How to get started with Microsoft Partner Community?

I am asking for advise!  Please help me understand this community..  How do I get started?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Andra
Community Manager

Hi @robertpfox ,

Welcome to the Microsoft Partner Community!

Can you share more about what you brings you here, what would you like to find?

Also I am glad you asked, I have some recommendations for you to get started:

• Find out more about what the Microsoft Partner community is about

Looking forward to hearing back from you,

Andra

View solution in original post

Maniofficial
Level 3 Contributor

9 steps to get started partnering with Microsoft for US Partners
  1. Join the Microsoft Partner Network. ...
  2. Manage your membership. ...
  3. Activate your referrals, IURs and more.
  4. Access training and work toward a competency. ...
  5. Build a cloud practice. ...
  6. Utilize sales and marketing resources. ...
  7. Program incentives. ...
  8. Support is just a click away.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Alesoft
Level 1 Contributor

I want to became Microsoft reseller in Croatia and Serbia. How to do this?

JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

@Alesoft : if not done already, you start with enrolling as Microsoft Partner, see Create a Microsoft Cloud Partner Program account in Partner Center - Partner Center | Microsoft Learn

Then you can enroll as CSP Indirect Reseller, see here for more guidance: Enroll in the Cloud Solution Provider program - Partner Center | Microsoft Learn - and then you work together with the Indirect provider of choice to sell licenses

You can also connect with your preferred Indirect provider before, often they also provide guidance on how to connect with them: https://partner.microsoft.com/membership/cloud-solution-provider/find-a-provider 

Important: please do not use the same tenant that you are using for your own internal use, there should best be no email-enabled user accounts on the tenant where you act as CSP, see also Cloud Solution Provider security best practices - Partner Center | Microsoft Learn

Kind regards, Janosch
Receive consultations via Technical Presales and Deployment Services team
v-jillarmour
Community Manager

Thanks Janosch!

Yash123
Level 2 Contributor

Microsoft partner tenat and global location

If I am registered CSP indirect reseller in India now I want to sell services to US market, I am registering new subsidiary of my company so to sell services in US I need to hire employees from india or I can directly sell services in US from india?

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@Alesoft I don't know how to direct you as I keep searching but because I am located in the US and keep finding only US resources. 😞

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/us-partner-blog/2019/02/21/9-steps-to-get-started-partnering-with-microsoft-for-us-partners/

I am inquiring within to find some better resources for you. Adding @JanoschUlmer in case he's aware of some links to help you. 🌻

Mamer
Level 2 Contributor

When we continue the account settings, we stuck on Employment Verification stage, and we opened a ticket tracking ID no. 2211070040002274 and applied all the recommendation mentioned but still not fix as below image:

Mamer_0-1668597504756.png

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@Mamer I received a second notification from support today around your ticket:

"I wanted to reach out to you and inquire about the documents we have requested from you to proceed with this request.
Please note that the documents submitted must be issued within the previous 12 months.
What we need:

-Domain registration / Domain invoice at registration or renewal that lists Entity/Username and domain as it is stated on Partner's account."

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@Mamer I am sorry for your troubles here, I have checked on your ticket and it appears they are needing the following to process your verification:

Domain registration / Domain invoice at registration or renewal that lists Entity/Username and domain as it is stated on Partner's account.

Can you submit that information to your ticket and let me know when you do so I can have them check it promptly and hopefully get you through this process as soon as we can. 

Mamer
Level 2 Contributor

Hi
We tried to send an email to you, but we received the following message:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: v-jillarmour mentioned you in Microsoft Partner Community
Re: v-jillarmour mentioned you in Microsoft Partner Community

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

Microsoft Partner Community Mailer (donotreply@microsoftpartnercommunity.com)
Your message wasn't delivered. Despite repeated attempts to deliver your message, the recipient's email system refused to accept a connection from your email system.

Contact the recipient by some other means (by phone, for example) and ask them to tell their email admin that it appears that their email system is refusing connections from your email server. Give them the error details shown below. It's likely that the recipient's email admin is the only one who can fix this problem.

For Email Admins
No connection could be made because the target computer actively refused it. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the remote host - that is, one with no server application running. For more information and tips to fix this issue see this article: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=389361

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@Mamer Support reached out to me again mentioning they are waiting on you to supply them with the appropriate documentation to complete the verification process. Please sign back into your ticket and read what they need so they can help you get through this! 🌻

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@Mamer I'm glad we were able to connect via private message on this!! That is the best way to reach me.

How did you find the other link to email me? Where was it located? I want to make sure there isn't old information posted on the site somewhere. Thank you!

Maniofficial
Level 3 Contributor

9 steps to get started partnering with Microsoft for US Partners
  1. Join the Microsoft Partner Network. ...
  2. Manage your membership. ...
  3. Activate your referrals, IURs and more.
  4. Access training and work toward a competency. ...
  5. Build a cloud practice. ...
  6. Utilize sales and marketing resources. ...
  7. Program incentives. ...
  8. Support is just a click away.
BPlett
Level 3 Contributor

Basically you post something here and watch it get completely ignored by Microsoft, but at least you feel a little better for a little while because until you realize the futility, you feel like you did something proactive.

Andra
Community Manager

Hi @robertpfox ,

Welcome to the Microsoft Partner Community!

Can you share more about what you brings you here, what would you like to find?

Also I am glad you asked, I have some recommendations for you to get started:

• Find out more about what the Microsoft Partner community is about

Looking forward to hearing back from you,

Andra