kiranalur
Level 2 Contributor

How to escalate issues when partner network support stops responding

When a Partner raises a support ticket and there is no response for more than 48 hours or a resolution post sufficient time has passed how do we escalate this internally at Microsoft for speedier response/resolution.

I dont see any documentation to that effect and it would help if we could get some details

163 REPLIES 163
xaqmusic
Level 2 Contributor

We are also having issues with Certificate Management.  We cannot do driver attestation until this is resolved!

It seems some unknown account action was taken that suspended our account which has been active for years.

After contacting support via text chat, ticket #2207060040007475 was created with Juan being the support person on July 6th.  However, I cannot access this ticket and have had no response other than new tickets (which I can access) being closed due to being a duplicate of the current ticket.  Can anyone at MS help?!

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@xaqmusic The support team got back to me and said that your account is already authorized. Can you confirm? If not I will circle back to them and see what next steps are. 

xaqmusic
Level 2 Contributor

@v-jillarmour Thanks for your help!  Unfortunately, we still do not have access to manage certificates.  We see this:

Screenshot 2022-07-08 145732.png

I can also see we still have Global Admin perms:

xaqmusic_0-1657801569087.png

We still have access to submit new drivers for attestations but we need to re-submit our certificate for this requirement https://aka.ms/cert_revalidation

Are we missing something?

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@xaqmusic I reached back out to support on this and hopefully they will respond with step by step directions or SOMETHING to help us. 

Ticket#2207060040007475 - just for me to keep track of what the original ticket was. 🙂

xaqmusic
Level 2 Contributor

@v-jillarmour Did you hear anything from Juan or the other support personnel re Ticket#2207060040007475?  I am not getting email responses, and the issue is still unresolved.  It's been 2 weeks now.  Thanks for your help!

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@xaqmusic Ok! I was finally able to access your ticket. It shows closed. Obvisously your issue is not fixed. I tried to inquire about this to the support team and they instructed me to have you open a NEW support ticket and reference the first one within it. Explain that you are still having an issue and then come back here and share your NEW ticket number. I will again reach out to them and have them escalate it. 

Sorry it's been such a mess for you, I am doing what I can to help! Circle back with new ticket number!! I'll be waiting. 🙂

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@xaqmusic Thanks for checking back, I seem to be locked out of my own account to check the status. I have submitted my own ticket (seems like one big circle doesn't it! lol) and as soon as I can I will check your status and report back!! 🌻

xaqmusic
Level 2 Contributor

@v-jillarmour and community,

I finally got a reply from the support person to contact reportap@microsoft.com about my issue.  I'm not sure why it took so long to get to that point, but after emailing this address, someone reinstated my account, so we have access to certificate management. 

However, they stated that our account would again be closed if we don't publish in the Microsoft Store within 90 days!  Our business releases middleware as SDKs with signed/attested drivers (hence the need for cert mgmt), which do not go in the store.  Does anyone know why this weird rule exists after years of normal operation??

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@xaqmusic Well that is GREAT news! Glad you are back up and running. I don't know the answer to the publishing within 90 days. @JanoschUlmer do you know anything about this? Is this standard upheld?

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@xaqmusic Hello! Sorry to here of your issue here. I have reached out to the support team and asked them to review your case and communicate to me or to you directly what is needed to get you past verification. Please let me know if you hear back from them or if anything happens and I will do the same. 🌻

MattKlimczak
Level 2 Contributor

Hey there,

I'm hoping someone can help me with ticket: 2204070010000290

I am trying to verify my Partner Network account but it has stalled at "Employment verification".  I am a self employed consultant and I have provided all the information I can think of, but my application has been denied and it looks as though I can no longer apply.

The ticket was raised nearly 3 months ago and then closed with no action taken.  I have since re-opened the ticket.  I'm hopeful someone can help me.

Matt

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@MattKlimczak I see your ticket is still active and I've contacted the support team in hopes it will help resolve your ticket sooner. Please keep me updated on any progress! Fingers crossed it works! 

MattKlimczak
Level 2 Contributor

thanks @

thanks @v-jillarmour for reaching out to your people.  I did get a response overnight, hopefully I can get things moving again.  I'll keep you posted.
PREVIEW

MattKlimczak
Level 2 Contributor

thanks @v-jillarmour it took a couple of weeks of silence....  but I got the result I was looking for with a very random email from MS!  I now have the MS Partner Center options I require.
Thank you so much for kicking this can down the road.  I'd be happy to help provide feedback and guidance on the MS Partner Center process for others if there was a way.

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@MattKlimczak Whoo HOO! Thanks for circling back and letting me know. SO glad you are up and running! 

MattKlimczak
Level 2 Contributor

@v-jillarmour I do have one question, which might be pushing the friendship.  I have an O365 subscription for my personal account, but now i have access to the Action Pack I am entitled to an E3 Office license.  is it just as simple as cancelling my current O365 subscription and login on with the new account?  I don't want to mess up my current setup....

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@MattKlimczak I was given some direction from an internal source on this and they recommended you submit a support ticket 😐 (I KNOW< I KNOW<SORRY!) with your MPN ID via the support center: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/partner-center/support-from-microsoft

I'm sorry I don't know more about this to help you. Please let me know if you get stuck again and I will do what I can to escalate tickets or check status for you. 

v-jillarmour
Community Manager

@MattKlimczak I do not know enough about what you are asking about to give you an answer, but @CatherineC may know.

MattKlimczak
Level 2 Contributor

thanks again @v-jillarmour .  hopefully there is a simple answer, maybe @CatherineC can also help.  Basically I have an O365 (Family) subscription that is linked to my 'Hotmail' email address.  Now that I have purchased the Action Pack and have an O365 E3 license i really don't need to pay for both...  but...  I have a large amount of data on my associated OneDrive store linked to my Hotmail account, so I'm wondering is there is a way to combine the accounts, or do i have to backup the data, cancel my O365 (Hotmail) subscription and then re-upload the data?
I hope that makes sense.

Matt

JanoschUlmer
Microsoft

@MattKlimczak  - you can't combine the accounts, they are made for different scenarios - one for personal use, the other one for work use. You can use both in parallel - e.g. you might have OneDrive Sync client on Windows two times showing up on the PC - one is the personal account, the other one the work account. This way you could also move data between accounts (copy between both local OneDrive synced folders). 

Kind regards, Janosch
Receive consultations via Technical Presales and Deployment Services team