HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT SOLUTION FOR THE ALLOCATION OF LANDED COSTS
Functionality requirements for the software
You will surely want a solution for prompt, accurate and flexible allocation, so when choosing the software, pay attention to the following factors:
- Will the required dimensions are covered according to your needs, e.g. according to weight, volume, products amount and whether they must be allocated in equal parts into the lines?
- Will you be able to automatically allocate the landed costs for several suppliers’ accounts?
- Is the partial allocation of landed costs or corrections available?
- Is the revocation of allocation available? This is very important functionality, but only few software manufacturers provide such an option.
Also take into account factors such as:
- The simplicity of usage.
- Promptness of the actions.
- Minimization of risks.
- Intuitivity of the graphic user interface.
Software application and development
Important! The software must be easily integratable into your enterprise resource planning system - could it be an extension of your current ERP system at best?
Inquire about updates – you don't like to purchase new software every time the main system is updated, would you?
Reliability of the manufacturer
This is difficult to measure, but it’s always a key factor.
Find out if it is possible and include in the agreement the following aspects:
- Whether this software will be developed in the future to meet the market requirements;
- Will you have prompt and attentive support in case you need it?
Have a look at the feedback on this software. Pay special attention to the ratings, achievements, and certifications of the software manufacturer.
Have any questions? Ask anything: firstname.lastname@example.org