Hero Banner

Feedback & Support Discussions

Level 2 Contributor

Azure stack hardware pricing

Hello All,

I have a couple of questions here.

1. Where can I find the Azure stack hardware pricing from those hardware partners (Dell, Cisco, Huawei, HP, and so on)? I want to see the estimation of the cost quickly if I go for "A system you manage" way. Just a rough estimation for each partner is fine. Or contacting them one by one locally is the only way to get the price.

2. In general, which one is better in term of the cost of hardware "A managed service" vs "A system you manage"? Does the service providers always get a cheaper price from the Azure stack hardware partners comparing with having a system running on-premises? 

Thank you,

Sekson

2 REPLIES 2
Influencer

Re: Azure stack hardware pricing

Hi Sekson,

On this URL you will find some general information, but still highly relevant and important: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/overview/azure-stack/how-to-buy/

The comparison between the two options ("A system you manage" or "A managed service") is a bit complex ans there are a number of factors to consider.

I would say that after you have crunched the numbers you should find that buying it as a managed service will give you the lower total cost over time, when considering 24/7 365 SLA. There are a number of great service providers and depending on your geography there should be at least a couple of providers that can compete for your business. 

Regards, Per

Level 2 Contributor

Re: Azure stack hardware pricing

Thank you so much Per. Your reply is really helpful for me. Smiley Happy