Microsoft #BuildFor2030 Hackathon - Registration open!
Impact starts with bringing solutions to market. Through the Microsoft #BuildFor2030 Initiative we seek to drive innovation and collective impact together with partners in support of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
We’re excited to share the launch of the first Microsoft #BuildFor2030 Hackathon, open to Microsoft partners around the world! Why participate?
- Compete for a chance to win a total of $50,000 in cash prizes, technical and Go-To-Market benefits.
- Differentiate your organization and capture inclusive market opportunity
- Skill up at live workshops on topics like Responsible AI, Coding for Accessibility, Microsoft Sustainability Calculator, changemaking and more.
Join us to reframe challenges as technology opportunities and build solutions aligned with the following themes and challenge statements:
- Gender equality: Enable technology that creates equal participation and equitable economic access and opportunities at all levels in work and life for women and girls.
- Climate action and sustainability: Build new solutions to help customers and industries across the globe transition to a net-zero carbon future.
- Digital inclusion and accessibility: Create accessible technology devices and applications with inclusive design for more than 1 billion people living with disabilities.
- Enabling the nonprofit sector: Develop solutions to enable the nonprofit sector to achieve scalable and measurable mission impact.
- Empowering communities: Reimagine solutions that strengthen our institutions, build resilient infrastructure and create equitable access to health, education and social services.
Registration is open and final entries are due November 22, 11:59 PM Pacific time zone.
The Microsoft #BuildFor2030 Hackathon entry submission deadline has been extended. This will allow partners additional time to submit entries.
Final entries are due November 22, 2021 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
For more information about the deadline extension, read the official announcement on the Microsoft Partner Blog.
Don't miss the skilling opportunities at the Microsoft #BuildFor2030 Hackathon!
Attend scheduled live events and chats. They are now available on-demand on Microsoft Partner Network - YouTube:
- Introduction to the #BuildFor2030 initiative with Gena Goh
- Responsible AI with Wayne Smith
- Solution Workspace: Curated resources to help partners build, go to market, and sell with Brady Bumgarner
- How to research and design a cloud solution to solve UN Goals with Women in Cloud, Chaitra Vedullapalli, Olivia Bechthold, Gena Goh
- Microsoft Sustainability Calculator with Sara Benhamron
- Embracing Accessibility with Inclusive Design with Dona Sarkar, Hector Minto
- Enable internal changemaking at all levels for impact with Jeanine Buzali, Gena Goh, Joerg Hambueckers, Helen Smith
- Building social impact solutions for the nonprofit sector with Michael Tjalve, Erik Lucht
- Coding for Accessibility with Hector Minto, Rory Preddy, October 28, 2021, 3-4am PT/ 10-11am GMT
- How to write a winning hackathon entry using storytelling & infographics with The WIT Network, Corinne Sharp, Gail Mercer-MacKay, November 3, 7-8am PT/ 2-3pm GMT
- Leverage P2P to support your hack journey/ solution building journey with IAMCP, Per Werngren, Wednesday, November 10, 2021, 12-1am PT/ 7– 8am GMT
- P2P/ Technical Live Chats with IAMCP (Manish Bhardia & Bryan Wood) and BCPA (Frank Valdivieso & Nyasha Tunduwani)