Hero Banner

Events and Office Hours

Join useful webinars and office hours to learn of answers to your questions or watch on-demand recordings.

Influencer

Ongoing Partner Office Hours for Security Requirements

Targeted Partners

• All partner organizations participating in the Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) program that are transacting using the Microsoft Commercial Cloud
    • Direct bill partners
    • Indirect providers
    • Indirect resellers
  • All Control Panel Vendors
  • All Advisor program partners

Summary:

Cyber security is the central challenge of our digital age. Ongoing twice a week partner office hours starting June 27th up until the enforcement date to cover more details about partner security requirements and how you can better protect your infrastructure as well as customer data from security risks.

Thank you for attending the office hours. We have on-demand webcasts available from the latest office hours presented by Microsoft technical experts. Register here to watch the recording.

We have weekly sessions each Tuesday - please register below for one of the latest dates below. Please note that these events are open to all targeted partners listed above, from all regions. It is not limited to US partners.

Next Steps:

Register for upcoming sessions at aka.ms/partnerMFAdeadline

Diana Nguyen
Program Manager, Microsoft Partner Influencers
Community Manager, CSP
15 REPLIES 15
Visitor 1

Re: Ongoing Partner Office Hours for Security Requirements

Why cant non-US partners avail of the office hourse? ... see the registration form!

Community Manager

Hi @amax123 ,

The office hours are available to all Partners as per the note below.

Please note: This event is open to all Microsoft partners, from all regions. It is not limited to US partners.

https://msuspartners.eventbuilder.com/PartnerSecurityOH here you can either listen to a recorded session or join an upcoming one.

Thank you,

Andra

Visitor 1

Although, the webpage says that's it's meant for non-US partners also, upon attempt to register it won't allow to register and displays "Only for US".

The moderator or poster needs to check the validity of registration form first!

Community Manager

Hi @fimam ,

Thanks for raising this, please select US, even if you are located elsewhere and select Register, technically it should land you to the recording / meeting page. Smiley Happy

AFAIK, this has already been raised with the team responsible and is being fixed.

Please refer back to this thread if it doesn`t work. 

Andra

Level 3 Contributor

I believe you need to have more of these.  I've listened to the one from yesterday, and there are a bunch of unanswered questions like ADConnect should work, and App passwords should work, and Service accounts are moving forward, and Exchange PowerShell doesn't work but should be fixed by August 1, and and and...  and I didn't even get notified this was happening until today.  I've signed up for one of the last ones next week, but I think you're going to need more of these.  Please add more of these, and have people who have firm answers from your beta testers (not US) on all of these open questions.

Community Manager

Hi @VNJoe ,

Glad to hear you registered for a session and also great feedback regarding the Office Hours.

I will make sure this reaches the team in charge. 

You might want to re-adress the questions below also in the upcoming call as there can be updates regarding the fixes.

Thank you,

Andra

Influencer

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your feedback. 

We have added more sessions post Inspire.

Regards,

Diana

Diana Nguyen
Community Manager, CSP
Influencer

Reminder: weekly global partner office hours for security requirements (8/20 Tue, 8 am PT)

If you haven't registered for the office hours tomorrow, be sure to sign up here to get your questions answered regarding the partner security requirements. Note it is open to all CSP partners from all regions.

Diana Nguyen
Community Manager, CSP
Visitor 1

We have implemented the mandatory security requirements, why am I still getting notifications?

Visitor 1

I still can't register - still getting the message "This content is intended for the United States market only"

Visitor 1

Who can I contact about a conflict with the MFA requirement?  We tested using MFA, but found that once we turned it on we were no longer to send emails from within our ERP, which is Microsoft Dynamics GP. Smiley Wink  We have to be able to send these emails (invoices, payment advices, etc.).

Level 3 Contributor

@Jo_KIM wrote:

I still can't register - still getting the message "This content is intended for the United States market only"

Hi,

The platform requires us to select a market/timezone, but the office hours were open to all CSP partners. 

If you wish to watch the on-demand recordings, go here and register for the preferred session to view.

Thanks,

Diana Nguyen

CSP Yammer Community Manager

Level 3 Contributor

@eric_y wrote:

Who can I contact about a conflict with the MFA requirement?  We tested using MFA, but found that once we turned it on we were no longer to send emails from within our ERP, which is Microsoft Dynamics GP. Smiley Wink  We have to be able to send these emails (invoices, payment advices, etc.).

Hi @idwilliams are you able to assist Eric?

Thanks,

Diana Nguyen

Level 3 Contributor

@mannassi wrote:

We have implemented the mandatory security requirements, why am I still getting notifications?

Hi @idwilliams are you able to assist?

Thanks,

Diana Nguyen

Highlighted
Microsoft

@eric_y : If Dynamics GP does not support secure app model for their email integration solution, it might be possible to set up an app password for this service account. Have you tried this already?

If this does also not work, I would recommend to contact Dynamics GP support team to ask for further guidance. From CSP perspective there is no exception from the MFA requirement.

I also know that work is in progress to document further known issues with affected Microsoft products here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/partner-center/partner-security-requirements#known-issues - so check back regularly on this site also.