Some highlights from Microsoft Inspire 2019
It like to share the highlights and key announcements shared during this week for you to not miss a thing. Enjoy!
Celebrating our Canadian partners
We kicked off the week with our Canadian keynote and welcome receptionat the Four Seasons hotel, where we had the opportunity to thank our beloved Canadian partners for the amazing work they’ve done in delivering transformative solutions and for their impact in their customers' businesses, all across Canada.
This year we added a new theme to the 2019 IMPACT awardsand celebrated our partners as ‘Heroes of the North’announcingthe winners of 2019, showcasing the extraordinary impact they’ve had withour Canadian customers. Read the blog by Suzanne Gagliese VP One Commercial Partner at Microsoft Canada here
We’ve rolled back the changes to the partner programs
Last week we shared some important news about changes we announced recently to the partner programs, competencies and Internal Use Rights. Gavriella Schuster Corporate Vice President, One Commercial Partner at Microsoft kicked off Inspire recognizing how we underestimated the impact these changes would have on our partners, and confirmed that we’ve rolled back the changes. so I invite you to read her blog post to learn more here
Expanding the partner opportunities
Gavriella Schuster Corporate Vice President, One Commercial Partner at Microsoft also talked this week during her corenote about how partners are making more possible. She shared how we continue to focus our investments and programs to help partners differentiate their services and offerings, go to market and connect with customers, and simplify how they do business with Microsoft and with each other. Here is a quick summary of the investments shared this week at Inspire:
- Azure Lighthouse provides partners with cross-customer management at scale so they can differentiate their managed services and benefit from greater efficiency and governance.
- The Azure Migration Program (AMP) is designed to help partners accelerate their customers’ migration to Azure with proactive advice and tools. Read the announcement
- The new Microsoft Security competency is now available, allowing partners to market their expertise and providing access to a range of benefits designed to enable business growth and profitability
- Five new specializations are available: Windows Server and SQL Server Migration to Microsoft Azure, Linux and Open Source Databases Migration to Microsoft Azure, Data Warehouse Migration to Microsoft Azure, Modernization of Web Applications in Microsoft Azure, and Kubernetes on Microsoft Azure. This is in addition to the SAP on Azure advanced specialization announced in May. A specialization for Teams is also on the way.
- We’re launching the AI Accelerate program, a new effort aimed at helping partners build and deploy AI offerings to customers more quickly.
To read the complete blog post from Gavriela, click here
Enabling partners to deliver differentiated managed services
Announcing the general availability of Azure Lighthouse, capabilities for cross customer management at scale for partners to differentiate and benefit from greater efficiency and automation. Read more
Microsoft Teams now has 13 million daily active users
Microsoft Teams reaches 13 million daily active users, introduces 4 new ways for teams to work better together. More than 13 million people now use Teams daily—and more than 19 million people are using it weekly across 181 markets. Read the blog
AT&T and Microsoft announce a strategic alliance to deliver innovation with cloud, AI and 5G
We’re collaborating with ATT to deliver new innovations on cloud, AI and 5G to improve how people live and work. Learn how
Announcing AI for Cultural Heritage
We're expanding our AI for Good portfolio with AI for Cultural Heritage to enable everyone to continue to have their own place. Learn more
Looking back, looking ahead: Customers are driving capabilities for their business and people
Judson Althoff, Executive Vice President, Worldwide Commercial Business at Microsoft talked about the year we’ve had and what is next for the industry, including opportunities to bring the latest innovations to our mutual customers. Learn more here
Partners and customers making an impact
Here are some of the stories showcased during the week:
- Technology is fueling @Unilever’s digital transformation. Here's how: http://msft.social/b9qsd8
- At a factory in Iceland, @Alcoa is one customer using Microsoft Teams to empower employees and stay connected to firstline workers. Watch the story
- From Japan, here's how a waitress digitally transformed the restaurant where she worked. Learn more about the story
- This story from the UK shows the impact the Power Platform for citizen developers is already having. Watch the story
- This story from South Africa brings home how the cloud and edge transform lives. Watch the story
If you want to watch the keynotes, demos and read more news shared during this week, click here