Hero Banner

Business Resources

Where startup founders and business decision makers can find the latest Microsoft for Startups announcements and program resources, business best practices, and industry trends to help build and scale their B2B companies.

Anna_McKeon
Microsoft

Microsoft for Startups Power Platform Benefit

Your membership in the Microsoft for Startups program now includes Microsoft Power Platform with the following applications for the next 12 months:

• Power Apps, an application that encompasses services, connectors, and a data platform, provides a rapid development environment for building custom apps for your business needs.
  • Power Automate, a service that helps you create automated workflows between applications and services to synchronize files, get notifications, and collect data.
  • Power BI, a business analytics service that delivers insights to enable fast, informed decisions. It scales across an organization with built-in governance and security.

Follow these steps to activate your Power Platform benefit:

1. Log in to the Microsoft for Startups portal with the Microsoft Account ID (MSA) you used when registering for the program.
  2. Go to the Offers tab.
  3. Select the Redeem Your Offer link on the Power Platform tile you wish to redeem. 
  4. Do you have an existing Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) Account?
    • YES: Follow the "Existing Microsoft 365" instructions in the table below.
    • NO: Follow the "New Microsoft 365" instructions in the table below

Table.PNG

23 REPLIES 23
asamoahpeters
Visitor 1

I would like to find out how I can utilise the seats offered to me for free on the Microsoft startup founders hub. anytime I try to add a user to Microsoft 365, Power BI, etc I am told that I have only one license hence any user-added will come at a fee. 

I have been able to create the onmicrosoft account which I have been able to use as an Admin in redeeming the packages. I only need to know how to add the free seats (My team members).

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

BhavinM
Microsoft

Hi Asamoah peters, 

We may have to investigate this issue reported by you. If you could complete the form via this link someone would be in touch with you.

Regards,

BhavinM

dynamicdhiraj1
Level 1 Contributor

Hi,

We are a Microsoft gold partner and wish to engage in the Power Apps platform benefit resources as we provide advise and guidance on Power Apps to large companies.

cschapman
Level 1 Contributor

We selected the redeem your offer for Power BI Pro, but something happened during the process. Now, it shows a code and redirects to Power BI Pro but I cannot sign up for the 10 free seats we have available. I have started support tickets through both MS for startups and Azure.

Please let me know how I can activate the Power BI Pro seats (10) available to us as part of the MS for startups program.

Thanks,

Craig

cschapman
Level 1 Contributor

RESLOVED - if you use the code as a promo code during your purchase it grants access to the free licenses.

BhavinM
Microsoft

Great news @cschapman !

I am glad to know the issue is resolved and thanks for additional insights on the steps followed by you. For any additional assistance needed with your startup account, please feel free to connect with us via the link provided in my previous message. 

Regards,

BhavinM

BhavinM
Microsoft

Thanks for reaching out cschapman! If you could complete the form via this link someone will be in touch. 

Thanks,

BhavinM

bhuvana
Visitor 1

Hi,

I clicked on button to redeem the credits for Power Apps but the page was closed before the process could be completed.

Now it is showing some code but I am not sure how to use it.

Can you please help?

Thanks,

Bhuvana

BhavinM
Microsoft

Thanks for reaching out Bhuvana! If you could complete the form via this link someone will be in touch. 

Thanks,

BhavinM

Startups
Microsoft

Hello, Bhuvana! Contact us.

Claudinei
Visitor 1

Hello, our company participates in Microsoft for Startups and has $ 25,000 in credits on Azure.
Can these credits be used to pay for Power BI Embedded?

We are developing a mobile APP and would like to add Power BI reports to it. For this, we will initially need a PRO license, already included in the benefit and 1 Power BI Embedded Node.

Startups
Microsoft

All 1st-party Azure cloud services are covered by MfS credits. Azure Products available through your sponsorship offer (products/services outside of this list are not covered by Azure Sponsorship). Third-party branded products, Azure support plans, products sold through Microsoft Azure Marketplace, or products otherwise sold separately from Microsoft Azure are not covered. You can open a ticket with Azure Support through your Azure Portal for additional product-specific questions.

DaveConnors
Visitor 1

Hi @Anna_McKeon 

I tried to redeem the power bi pro offer. 

When I clicked the redeem offer page, and chose add to existing account, it went only to a trial option, and then gave a failure message.

In my offer centre now it says offer redeemed and gives a GUID type reference, but I didn't actually get the licenses and can't assign any.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Dave

Anna_McKeon
Microsoft

Hi Dave - The Microsoft for Startups support team will need to dive into this. Are you able to give us a bit more more insight including a screen shot with the failure message via this link so we can best help you? After you submit the form, someone will reach out to help.

Thanks!!

Anna 

MichaelAquilina
Visitor 1

Hi Anna,

I signed up to this offer on behalf of my employer. However, I am unable to assign any licenses to individuals. I have checked admin.microsoft.com but it says there are no licenses available. How do I use these 10 seats? For more context, our company already had paid pro licenses so I am unsure how to proceed.

Anna_McKeon
Microsoft

Hi Michael,

Do you mind providing a few more details via this link so we can best help you? After you submit the form, someone will be in touch to help solve this problem.

Thanks!

David_Hollis
Visitor 1

Microsoft Power Platform is a suite of business applications which combines tools of Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power Virtual Agents. These four power platform tools help you automate, analyze and manage all your business process in a single platform. Since Microsoft Power Platform can connect with a wide range of third-party apps and data sources, it makes reduce the dependency of third party tool and all kind of user can be easily operated.

Victor_Lee
Visitor 1

When we signed up for one of these offers (Power BI Pro), we get an error that states we already have an active subscription.  This is true as we already have paid for a few licenses for Power BI Pro.  Navigating back to our Startup Portal, the page states that we had activated it.  How do we take advantage of this offer and get 10 licenses paid for from our existing paid subscription?   

Anna_McKeon
Microsoft

Thanks for reaching out about this Victor! Can you provide a few more details via this link so we can best help you? After you submit the form, someone will be in touch. 

reinvdo
Level 1 Contributor

Hi Anna,

I successfully redeemed Power Apps ( 7ff9b799-32f6-4ac3-8622-e9a71a142c93 Redeemed: 11/13/2020), but a few days ago I got a message that I had to extend my trial period 😞 Is this normal? Do I risk to loose the application I have developed? 

Please let me know.

Thanx for your support.

Kind regards,

Reinier