@MeetDux, Partner, Social Influencer on Inspire
In preperation for Microsoft Inspire in two weeks, my guest for this episode of my podcast is Dux Raymond Sy @Anonymous an Award Winning Microsoft Partner, CMO, CTO and Social Influencer who shares his thoughts on Social Marketing, Selling and Partnering with Microsoft.
With over 20 years of business & technology experience, Dux is the CMO & Public Sector CTO of AvePoint an award winning Microsoft partner and 2017 Public Sector Partner of the Year Award winner. He is a Project Management Professional (PMP), a Microsoft Regional Director (RD) and Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) who has authored a book, white papers, industry articles and delivered interactive presentations to over 10,000 people in major industry events worldwide.
I asked Dux to join and discuss his role at AvePoint, their continued success partnering with and through Microsoft, his personal and professional journey as an immigrant to the US and his amazing reputation in the Microsoft Partner ecosystem as an influencer - and I asked him to share how he developed this prowess with our listeners.
We discuss how he joined AvePoint, the company's value proposition and markets, how he created a brand on social and became an "influencer" shortly after writing his book and the advice he would give partners on successfully working with Microsoft - what makes a great partnership and what to avoid.
I asked Dux to share his advice for anyone looking to build their social brand with our listeners, he also shared two links to presentations he gave at Microsoft's 2015 Worldwide Partner Conference:
- When to Use and How to Leverage Relevant Social Media Channels. "
- Time Saving Techniques that can Elevate your Social Media Engagement
Dux also provides our listeners very insightful advice on how to best engage with Microsoft and things to avoid when first engaging the field organization.
As with each of my episodes, we spotlight Dux's personal and professional journey from his native Philippines and what he learned from his family to the successful career partnering with Microsoft and achieving his dream of meeting industry legends Bill Gates, Satya Nadella and Tim Berners-Lee.
- Quote he lives his life by - Stay Humble and Hustle Hard.
- His passion for giving back and his recent mission trip to Uganda to set up technology - we include a link to a blog he wrote about it HERE.
- AvePoint's philanthropic work: https://www.avepoint.com/philanthropy/.
- Best piece of advice when he started - "Being hungry - you will be rewarded for trying, but will never be rewarded if you do not try" A mindset of contribution, and staying hungry.
- How he keeps his energy level up - he wakes up a 4:30 AM everyday and uses this time to focus, exercise and nurture a positive mindset.
- Role Model - Thomas Edison for his persistence. He also admires the work of some of the internet companies to impact change and transformation, such as Airbnb for transforming the hotel industry.
- A book he loves - "Radical Candor " by Kim Scott.
- If he had a "Personal Billboard" what would it say? - #HackTheStatusQuo
- What he would tell his 25 year old self - "start learning about the stock market sooner".
Thank you for following and listening.