Hero Banner

Building Partnerships & Alliances

Build a successful Microsoft practice through partners & alliances

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get clients for my Web development company

I currently work in a web development company in Ukraine and we have been around for a while! with well experienced and higly skilled developers, But the problem seem to be getting job! we have had experience on freelancing websites and other local clients! Now we are presently looking to go to international market.

What is the best way to do this ? How do we find clients internationally?

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to get clients for my Web development company

If you are looking for the tie-up with a Hosting company, We welcome you to further discussion.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Partnering with likeminded companies, such as Vagdevi Reddy suggested, is a good strategy. Besides partnering, networking with prior freelance customers, marketing (digital / traditional), and showcasing a strong portfolio all help.

I reccomend that you look further into SCuffy's post, if you have not done so already: https://www.microsoftpartnercommunity.com/t5/Managed-Services-Discussion/How-do-you-stand-out-in-a-crowded-market/m-p/2159#M9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you explain more on what you mean by "tie-up with a hosting company". Am opened to any partnership you would be willing to offer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much for the post, I read but it concerns more on how to create a relationship between companies and clients and I must say, I found it really helpful! Yeah I totally understand having a strong portfolio is a big plus which I would say we do have from our previous jobs. We have tried a lot of marketing strategies. We just seem to have a problem of getting remote jobs and getting a contract for the company  seems really  difficult   Well we have tried contacting international web development companies offering partnerships but they see it more as a competition and they turn down offers!

Now the main problem is who to sell to! what top organizations need web development teams ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are implementing soon managed WordPress hosting @ 1 USD per year for the first year.There would be lots of development work scope is there.If you get in touch, we may help you.Not only with us, try to be friendly with hosting companies, digital marketing companies.They may help you.All hosting providers not into development.

That's  where your friends are.Never expect others come to you and give the order. Star networking with as many as you can, That's all you have to do.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not aware of which top corporations need web devlopment teams, but a thought on the partnership problem--if you are seen as competition, perhaps your company is either 1) not differenciated enough to stand out or 2) the points of differentiation are not being communicated enough, in addition to the value these points bring to the firms you wish to partner with. How would you explain how your company is different than the competition?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous, I would also recommend looking at the International Association of Microsoft Channel Partners (IAMCP, http://www.iamcp.org/) to connect to partners in certain geographic areas.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah Thanks @Anonymous I would definitely look into that. thank you very much

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous well when I said competition i meant is we tried calling other web development companies and offer a partnership, but apparently they believe its same thing we both doing,looking for contracts/jobs and they turn down the offer thats what i meant. So we really dont know who to reach to offer partnership too! plus like I said getting a contract for a web development team seems almost immpossible. So any idea from anyone would be highly welcomed and appreciated.